i just got it for $30.1st it has a active or passive switch,i have 81/85 emg's
would i use the active setting.2nd it didnt come with a power supply ,and it dosnt
say if the + side is on the inside or outside.3rd were in the chain would it go
thanks for any help
Last edited by crackereast at Apr 16, 2008,
I'm assuming you got the pedal version? (I don't recall the rack version having such a switch)... Given this:

would i use the active setting

Yes, you probably should. Exciter's use complex formulas and setups to alter the signal (typically); switching it from active/passive probably is probably important for it to give you the "right" output.

it didnt come with a power supply

The notation on the back of the pedal is not that great...
(http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&base_pid=150132&index=2)

But it shows +/-... which leads me to believe that the outside is positive, and the inside (pointy tip) is negative. (it possible they mean "plus or minus", but it doesn't seem likely given the context)

were in the chain would it go

I would put it at the end of the chain (or near so). Experiment yourself to see what you like best. But typically, "excitement" is like an end-effect. You want to excite your overall end sound (after effects/distortion/etc).
Quote by CyBerAliEn
I'm assuming you got the pedal version? (I don't recall the rack version having such a switch)... Given this:

Yes, you probably should. Exciter's use complex formulas and setups to alter the signal (typically); switching it from active/passive probably is probably important for it to give you the "right" output.

The notation on the back of the pedal is not that great...
(http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&base_pid=150132&index=2)

But it shows +/-... which leads me to believe that the outside is positive, and the inside (pointy tip) is negative. (it possible they mean "plus or minus", but it doesn't seem likely given the context)

I would put it at the end of the chain (or near so). Experiment yourself to see what you like best. But typically, "excitement" is like an end-effect. You want to excite your overall end sound (after effects/distortion/etc).

thank you. yes it is the pedal version