First of all a few questions about the Orange TT Combo
-Is it out in the US yet?
-How much will it retail for?
-How much do you think it will sell -used- for?
-How long approximately until this amp shows up in ebay and craigslist for used prices?
-Can it gig? I know that you can mic up any amp, but it would look a little weaksauce when it's on a stage, wouldn't it?
-would a TT head and avatar 2x12 cab gig better and, would it be more expensive/cheap?

And here we go: Tone-wise, can you guys tell me which amp (TT combo vs MG combo) would be better in
1) Cleans
2) sounding like J.Petrucci
3) Metal!
4) Classic rock stuff like bon jovi, van halen

Thanks guys and I hope all of you will take these questions seriously, as I know there is a lot of MG hate on these boards, and for good reason (trying to get rid of my MG here). I just love Orange but I know that its cleans and getting it to play metal is some of its weak points, which is a bit of a problem for me. I has buckets ready to put out the flaems!
I'm pretty sure the TT could do all those things better than an MG.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
for the love of jebus, get the TT!

EDIT: but to get some of those sounds you want, you may need to invest in a pedal, but that's just a measely additional 60 - 80 bucks. Tube TT > MG. anyday.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Last edited by FlamingYouth at Apr 16, 2008,
If you are playing metal with the TT it will be fine with a boost pedal, and will be loud enough to be heard over drums and bass for sure.
Chappers is such a leg-end.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Is this a serious question? If it is then punch yourself in the balls for even asking.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
The TT is amazing. One of the better amps ive tried .
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
hah, as expected, lots of defense for the tiny terror. As I said I was just wondering what everyone thought of the TT's generally weak points. I've seen all of Chapper's videos already and I didn't think the metal tone he tried to pull off was too impressive. I guess I'll take the guy above's advice and just invest in a pedal.

Anyways, no one has yet to say something about TT's rumored lacking cleans. Anyone have any input (positive or negative) before I go try to find one to dick around with? Also if anyone has any realistic predictions on how much a used one (combo) would cost, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Quote by alexsoul
hah, as expected, lots of defense for the tiny terror. As I said I was just wondering what everyone thought of the TT's generally weak points. I've seen all of Chapper's videos already and I didn't think the metal tone he tried to pull off was too impressive. I guess I'll take the guy above's advice and just invest in a pedal.

Bear in mind he has it on a very low volume and going through a camera mic, with the volume up a bit more the thing kicks ass.
TT

MG
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer