I was at my neighbors house today and he was showing me some of the stuff of his moms that he was going to get rid of. And in there were a couple (OLD) acoustic guitars, one electric guitar and this old tube amp. I never got to look at the stuff very much I googled the amp and this sounds about right. Its got tubes in it and It said SYmphonic and had an 8 inch speaker.

I have to go back to see him on Monday and I was going to offer him some cash for everything.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Symphonic/Unknown/10/1

Product: Symphonic Unknown
Price Paid: US $0
Submitted 01/11/2003 at 09:56am by Jeff
Email: jeff<dot>tucker at sympatico<dot>ca

Features : 7
Model MA-13 .25 amps (power usage of around 25 watts with output power around half of that 13 watts?)
12AX7 pre-amp tube with radio style tubed power section
8" vintage speaker (marked 11-42)
tone/on-off and volume controls
3 inputs
used in home as practice amp with Fender 25R and Park/Marshall 10mkII
not extremely loud but great sound

Sound Quality : 8
Used with american telecaster and takamine acoustic/electric.
Also used with Korg DDM 110 drum machine and microphone.
Some minor hum but much better after I replaced the electrolytic capacitor. No dirty channel but by using the tone control can get some distortion.
good tone otherwise

Reliability : 5
Only have a few hours on it since I changed the capacitor. Put in new Sovtek 12ax7 and a three prong grounded plug. Couldn't find a 50/50 mfd 150 VDC so used 4x33MFD 160VDC (2 pairs of 2 in parallel - running 66/66MFD at 160VDC. Runs a little hot so only time will tell. Definately worth fixing though.

Customer Support : No Opinion
no longer in business....

Overall Rating : 10
Found the amp free in the trash. With the new tube, capacitors and power cord have about $25 CAN into it. Love the tone, much better than my other practice amps, although not as intense/loud. Great vintage sound. Sold me on the sound of tube amps (even old cheap ones). Hope I don't blow it up.

I never got a good look at the guitars, but I am going to go back and ask to take some pictures. But I am interested in this amp right now.
Last edited by stangconv at Apr 16, 2008,
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Dude... I asked my guitar teacher about it, and he said that It's a stereo amp, and he don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by FLCLcowdude
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works

Quote by Hultan
Dude... I asked my guitar teacher about it, and he said that It's a stereo amp, and he don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works

No. just no. sit in the naughty corner.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix

No. just no. sit in the naughty corner.

OMG, I just laughed so hard that my spleen exploded. I gotta go to the hospital, BRB.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Accually, I believe it's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works
I just asked my Friend who went to school for electronics.

he said It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by turbulenced
Accually, I believe it's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works

Quote by Bostonrocks
I just asked my Friend who went to school for electronics.

he said It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works

You people are ridiculous.

My Music
Don't listen to these guys, it's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works
what douches...
why would they do this to your thread?

but for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug...
JK :]

i'll back you up with the whole tube thing.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
^That electric looks sweet.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
yea, i like the electric and the not-blue acoustic.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
japan the guitar's prolly good

how do the guitars play and the amp sound?
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Why is there a midget and/or small child adjusting the tailpiece? I only trust full-sized luthiers.
Quote by danyellenik
japan the guitar's prolly good

how do the guitars play and the amp sound?

I plugged the guitar into the amp... and it was very quiet but it did make some sound. Proballly could use some new tubes.

I am left handed so I never got to really play the guitar.

If anyone wants to buy these send me a PM. I am going to go try and scoop them up on Monday...

The acoustics dont look like they are in very good shape... the back on the non-blue one didnt look right to me...
What is with that whole stereo amp thing? I saw it in another thread too
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Ah, I see.

I saw it in that thread but didn't know if it originated from there.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
I'd keep it.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Quote by sofubar
It's a joke, not everyone seems to take it that way however.

Here's the original: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=813827&highlight=hifi

Yeah, I got warned for posting that in a thread where someone was actually asking how run a guitar through a stereo amp.

Because the internet is serious buisiness.

What make is that electric?
I would just like to say that when I saw this thread, I expected it to be turned into the "It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works" thread. I just want to thank UG for living up to my expectations. And as for the guys who want to be killjoys about it all *cough*jof1029*cough*...

ANYWAYS...Canora, eh? I'll look that up.
Quote by Dizeaz2112
I would just like to say that when I saw this thread, I expected it to be turned into the "It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works" thread. I just want to thank UG for living up to my expectations. And as for the guys who want to be killjoys about it all *cough*jof1029*cough*...

Enjoy being banned.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Enjoy being banned.

Good luck banning me.

At any rate, back to the point of the thread...

So far, I've not learned any more than is already known on the subject, but I have faith in Google.

I'm really interested in old gear.
i wouldn't pay a whole lot for that stuff.. that amp may be tube and the guitars may be old.. but old doesn't always mean valuable.

and that damn hi-fi joke is about as funny as chronic back pain you ****s.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Dizeaz2112

Join us next week on "New and exciting ways of getting a warning"...

My Music
http://www.tymguitars.com.au/Repairs_Canora.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1970s-Canora-electric-guitar-Exc-cond_W0QQitemZ230244127061QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The above might get you started on your research. Bear in mind that everything made in Japan, especially early, isn't necessarily good. If you can get something made by Matsumoku or Fujigen, you'll get a really nice rig. Otherwise, it's mostly 5-and-dime store stuff.