Page 1 of 3
Basically, my question is this: can you be kicked out of wal*mart for spending too much time there?

My friends and I want to spend an entire 24 hours in there with cameras and document out stay. The cameras would be hidden, of course, since I know that's not allowed.

So what kind of stuff are we up against here?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I'd assume aslong as you're not causing trouble you should be fine. Maybe inform them first
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by vivalasteve
And you can't film anyone unless you have their permission.

We only want to film ourselves, mostly. Kind of Blair Witch monologue stuff. If anyone interacts with us and it's worth sharing, we'll just blur their face or something.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Is it open 24 hours then?
I think they'd ask you to leave.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Sid McCall
We only want to film ourselves, mostly. Kind of Blair Witch monologue stuff. If anyone interacts with us and it's worth sharing, we'll just blur their face or something.

Wal-Mart does not allow you to video tape because you could be price checking. They will NEVER give you permission to film in their store. So you're going to be doing this on your own, and may very well get kicked out.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Why the hell would you WANT to?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
As a customer, you are purely a licensee and the licensor has all rights to revoke your license and consequently you being there for whatever reason by giving you reasonable notice and time to gtfo.

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I got kicked out.... but I was stealing.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Do they have "No Loitering" signs posted?

Any private business can kick you out for any reason. It's unlikely they care if there are no signs posted, but it is their right to remove you from their private property if they feel inclined.
Quote by Harmonius
As a customer, you are purely a licensee and the licensor has all rights to reject you being there for whatever reason by giving you reasonable notice and time to gtfo.

This.

Quote by nebiru
I got kicked out.... but I was stealing.

Those greedy corporate pigs are always trying to push the man down!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I always thought it would be cool to live in the mall with some of my friends for a couple days, just doing whatever we wanted for free.
Quote by Harmonius
As a customer, you are purely a licensee and the licensor has all rights to revoke your license and consequently you being there for whatever reason by giving you reasonable notice and time to gtfo.

/thread.

Although they can't really BAN you, they don't have your name or anything... at least I don't think....

<<.<<
>>.>>
<<.<<
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
i knew some people in highschool that stayed in walmart for 12 hours once... they didnt get kicked out untill they unleashed all the big bouncy balls from their cage lmao
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who would be laughing your head off.
yeah. businesses can deny you the right to be there for any reason they want. unless theyre discriminating for a certain reason.
did you see that episode of seinfeld with the soup nazi?
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by vivalasteve
And you can't film anyone unless you have their permission.

You can blur them in editing but its ok to film if you are not planning on hosting this video on the net or selling it.
Still its a good idea to blur...

Anyways you should have no problems as long as you are there during open hours. As far as getting kicked out, sure they can. Just be kind and don't cause trouble.

another thing, they may not let you film in the store, they don't like people passing their prices around. I had this problem in GC a few days ago...
Alright, thanks guys for all the helpful replies!

The plan is basically to stay there for 24 hours (they're open 24/7) and document out stay, like a reallly long blog. We'll then post the good bits on youtube.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Hidden camera is maybe better. They won't like you taping their store.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by Harmonius

Yeah

As for filming, you can film anything you want. It's part of your freedoms blah blah blah. Freedom of the press? So ****ing what if you don't want your photo taken by a paparazzi? They'll still do it, and unless they've hopped your fence, broken into your basement and planted a camera in the floor of your bedroom, there's not much you can do about it.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Hidden camera is maybe better. They won't like you taping their store.

Yup, we're gonna do the whole 'hole in the bag' trick, and use small digital cameras for our monologue clips.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by eliteXsoccer
i knew some people in highschool that stayed in walmart for 12 hours once... they didnt get kicked out untill they unleashed all the big bouncy balls from their cage lmao

thats great
Quote by sSyLc
Yeah

As for filming, you can film anything you want. It's part of your freedoms blah blah blah. Freedom of the press? So ****ing what if you don't want your photo taken by a paparazzi? They'll still do it, and unless they've hopped your fence, broken into your basement and planted a camera in the floor of your bedroom, there's not much you can do about it.

Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. You want to play games? Alright - let's say you have freedom of thought and expression. You film Walmart. But what about the people in Walmart who want nothing of this and don't want to be filmed, especially for a child's game? Do you honestly think your jurisdiction has the time to bother with petty child's play?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

One time when my band was doing shows, me and a band member almost stayed over night in Wal-Mart. We eventually got a place to stay, but it would have been awesome to sleep there.
We're only strays.
I'm telling you man, you DON'T want to do this.

I spent something like 13 hours there and I thought I would die.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
I'm telling you man, you DON'T want to do this.

I spent something like 13 hours there and I thought I would die.

Well we have a secret plan...brownies...special brownies.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Harmonius
Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. You want to play games? Alright - let's say you have freedom of thought and expression. You film Walmart. But what about the people in Walmart who want nothing of this and don't want to be filmed, especially for a child's game? Do you honestly think your jurisdiction has the time to bother with petty child's play?

They'll kick out out of Walmart, sure, but it's not illegal to take pictures and film.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
you could get done for loitering i nearly got arrested today for walking around an airport
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by sSyLc
They'll kick out out of Walmart, sure, but it's not illegal to take pictures and film.

it is if you don't have the persons permission i believe
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by sSyLc

Listen mate, if you think you have the freedom of expression by photographing what you want, surely people will have the right to respect privacy - Human Rights is a circular argument. And no, you can't always take a picture/film something - depends what you do with the material and how you distribute it - in this case, filming is used for malicious behaviour. The purpose of Walmart is a grocery store, nothing else. I'm sure they don't want to be bothered by bloody nauseating adolescents. If Walmart kicks you out, you're out. No questions.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by Harmonius
Listen mate, if you think you have the freedom of expression by photographing what you want, surely people will have the right to respect privacy - Human Rights is a circular argument. And no, you can't always take a picture/film something - depends what you do with the material and how you distribute it - in this case, filming is used for malicious behaviour. The purpose of Walmart is a grocery store, nothing else. I'm sure they don't want to be bothered by bloody nauseating adolescents. if Walmart kicks you out, you're out. No questions.

Doesn't ****ing matter what Walmart's policies are or not, you can't be criminally prosecuted for something that isn't criminal. You can get kicked out of a store, a hotel, a concert hall or someone's house for doing anything that offends them, fine, but I'm looking in my Criminal Code here, and under Part VI - Invasion of Privacy, it only covers interception of private communications. Maybe you don't live in a free and democratic country, but when was the last time you heard of a photographer asking a musician if they could take pictures of them on stage, or a TV News film crew asking every passer-by if they could film footage of them walking down the street?
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Doesn't ****ing matter what Walmart's policies are or not, you can't be criminally prosecuted for something that isn't criminal.

Bingo. If Walmart has a policy against it, you're comitting a criminal act. It follows that loitering is deemed an offence if it causes a nuisence without the police even using a statutory power (Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984). It's called Breach of the peace and you'll probably get fined for wasting police time.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Apr 16, 2008,
Right are you telling me that regardless of what you do with the material and regardless of how you distribute it, you'll be charged under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act for filming in Walmart against the rules they set in their store?
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
Right are you telling me that regardless of what you do with the material and regardless of how you distribute it, you'll be charged under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act for filming in Walmart against the rules they set in their store?

Nope, because you'll be arrested before you begin to try.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Sid McCall
Well we have a secret plan...brownies...special brownies.

lmao special brownies... so you want to get twisted then go do something that you and your friends may or may not get in trouble for? and whilst in the midst of doing said act you want to be in possession of said substance and continue with said state of twistedness?
no other way to do it in my book

also... just because its a policy doesnt make it criminal... all they can do is ask you to leave... its when you DONT leave that it becomes any kind of offence. that offece also will not be criminal or felony... so the worst you will have to worry about is a fine + comm service.... MABEY probation... it depends on how much you act a fool while you are there.

on the other hand... stop being a sissy and just do it... the more you think about it the more likely you are to mess it up. you wont get in any REAL trouble. any concequences you have... (wich are unlikely at best) will be annoying at worst.....

and yes they CAN ban you... there just isnt any way to enforce it... i was recently handed a "LIFETIME" ban from the Mall of GA but it doesnt matter... this isnt the wild west... there aren't going to be any "WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE" posters hanging up all over the place.

so in conclusion... if you and your friends cant find any drugs to do or gangs to get involved with... then by all means go stand around in the WALMART for 24 hours. stop asking what people's opinions are and go do it.... you probably wont get in any trouble at all as long as you dont act like idiots

LIVE FAST AND NEVER LOOK BACK
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who would be laughing your head off.
Quote by Harmonius
Nope, because you'll be arrested before you begin to try.

Okay, so what if you were simply on a sidewalk, and you just set up a camera to film everyone who walked by?
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Someones already done it for 48 hours.

Its on youtube.
Quote by charvel_man
"My lovely lady lumps"
What the **** are lady lumps? What does she have, breast cancer?

Bacchus basses FTW!
www.japanvintageguitars.com
Page 1 of 3