I want you folk's opinions about these two guitars.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page2008.php?data_id=1269&color=CL02&area_id=3&year=2008&cat_id=1&series_id=59
vs
http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=277

Let ignore the pickups.
The Hellraiser is so sexy with that finish but it's almost double the price. They have different bridges but I can't tell which one is better. ZR suppose to be very good, OFR supposes to be better than LFR but that it, between them two I have no idea.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

The Hellraiser is only 200 more dollars than the S470.

I would play both of them, because their necks are pretty much opposites, Ibanez being thin, Schecter being thicker. You cant go wrong with either though.
Quote by Wylde_Man
The Hellraiser is only 200 more dollars than the S470.

I would play both of them, because their necks are pretty much opposites, Ibanez being thin, Schecter being thicker. You cant go wrong with either though.

I don't think so. We're talking about the Hellraiser C-1 FR here. List price for it is around $1100. The price for S470 is around $700. Yeah, it's more expensive here in Europe.

I just want to find a good reason to pay for the Schecter over Ibanez.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

You have to try them both out. Be aware schecters and Ibanezes have drastically different neck profiles (schecters are quite a bit thicker than Ibanez Wizards). ON the trems, try both out, and see which you like better. I like the OFR better personally since if it gets killed, you can buy a new one for less than a ZR
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
My last guitar was a Ibanez with Wizard II neck so my hand is pretty familiar with it.
Is there a place where I can see the neck profile dimensions of Schecter hellraiser?

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

the ibanez is a rip off of the hellraiser. period.
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
Get the hellraiser. I have the non-FR version, but have played on the FR version and it is great. I absolutly love my hellraiser.
Besides, it is better to have an OFR than a ZR/Edge/Ibanez trem on you guitar because the OFR is legit, not just a copy of one.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Last edited by metalhead_c-1 at Apr 16, 2008,
Hell raiser... I should of bought 1... <3 my c1+
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
Quote by .Jamison

What the-

Just shut up. -_-

As for TS, both guitars are pretty damn different. The ZR trem is meant to be really good and smooth but some users have problems with the arm socket tearing off.

The Schecter Hellraiser has a lot different neck dimensions than the S470, I found it very thick and wide compared to the S470. It's hard to recommend since both guitars are quite different.
Quote by metalhead_c-1
Get the hellraiser. I have the non-FR version, but have played on the FR version and it is great. I absolutly love my hellraiser.
Besides, it is better to have an OFR than a ZR/Edge/Ibanez trem on you guitar because the OFR is legit, not just a copy of one.

The ZR however is not a licensed FR. Ibanez uses ballpoint bearings here instead knife edges. Meaning they can afford to spend more on the ZR than their licensed trems, as they don't have to pay patent tax to FR.

The hellraiser is probably a better guitar overall, but if you switch out the pickups on the ibanez it'll really kick ass as well. Just try them out and see which one feels better.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by .Jamison

Are you mentally retarded or just trolling here? The Ibanez, HSH pickups, it was the first guitar to use the fantastic ZR tremolo, has a much sleeker neck than the Hellraiser and has a bolt on AANJ. Plus the S series was released in the late 80's, way before the Hellraiser.

Anyway, if you want a nicer finish on the S series, look at the S670FM, otherwise, I'd say go for the S.
Funny words.
Quote by hminh87
I don't think so. We're talking about the Hellraiser C-1 FR here. List price for it is around $1100. The price for S470 is around $700. Yeah, it's more expensive here in Europe.

I just want to find a good reason to pay for the Schecter over Ibanez.

Didnt realize that you were in europe. Sorry.

I cant believe theres that much of a price difference there...
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man

Anyway, if you want a nicer finish on the S series, look at the S670FM, otherwise, I'd say go for the S.

You got me interested there, Hmmm... Only around $100 more for the finish. Other than that is there any more different between it and the S470?

Quote by Wylde_Man
Didnt realize that you were in europe. Sorry.

I cant believe theres that much of a price difference there...

Yepp! Take the Epiphone Zakk Wylde bullseye for example. Here in Sweden the price go all the way up to $1700 (9999 SEK). That's right! You read correct. I was so happy I could buy one off ebay for $700 which is the standard price in the US.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Apr 16, 2008,
Personally, since I have big hands, I like a meaty neck (I.E. Gibbo 60's style, no thicker). I also like thin flat necks, but they feel a bit "empty".
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by metalhead_c-1

****tard! ZR is awesome , and infact most people who have used a edge perfer it to the original FR so go do your homework before you start talking **** you dont know! The ZR cannot wear out (for all practical purposes).
Get the S and upgrade the pickups.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
^true, but the bearings need to get lubed once in a while, or else it will start to wear out.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
dont even take a second heartbeat get the hellraiser best damn guitar ever i have one brand spankin new 2008 check out my profile in my gear youll see the sexyness
Quote by syyz1
I'm on my period, wearing no sort of protection, naked on a white chair

Quote by *Juno*
I put my balls inside the sound hole and strummed myself to ectasy

Quote by °☻°
I like it hairy, that way i can play welcome to the jungle while i have sex!
nice spamming buddy.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
^ reported
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
I DIDNT MEAN FOR ALL THE MESSAGES I AM DELETING THEM SRY FOR the cps too hehe
Quote by syyz1
I'm on my period, wearing no sort of protection, naked on a white chair

Quote by *Juno*
I put my balls inside the sound hole and strummed myself to ectasy

Quote by °☻°
I like it hairy, that way i can play welcome to the jungle while i have sex!
Quote by isan
^ reported

I'm pretty sure you don't mean me. if you do, GTFO.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
I'm pretty sure you don't mean me. if you do, GTFO.

No i meant Ven
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8