Page 1 of 2
Well i'm going to the defenders of faith tour with Opeth and Arch Enemy in Birmingham next week and the person i was going with has pulled out. So now it's very possible that i'm going on my own.
I don't know what to do? I really want to go, but my Mum is getting all freaked out about me going on my own to Birmingham(muggers, chavs, etc...). I mean i'm 19 it can't be that dangerous, i personally think she is over reacting...

What would you do in my situation?
Quote by Våd Hamster
19!?

Sorry dude, but that's just....

that's what i thought! lol
Dude you're 19 years old :\
Tell her that in other countries you would be in the middle of some battlefield with a gun in your hands at that age, and that a lot of people live on their own...

I'd go. Try to find someone else. Sometimes you can join an organized bus and go with all the people from the bus. Check in your local music scene place.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I started going to gigs on my own at 13. Stop being a wimp.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
19 is old enough. tell your mom to f*** off.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15

Just tell your mother you found someone else to go with. Hell, I'll go with you if you pay the train fare
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by nebiru
I started going to gigs on my own at 13. Stop being a wimp.

**** you man, i'm not being a wimp...i want to go and i don't see the the big deal either.
Going to gigs on your own sucks . Ask your mum to go with you?
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
ahh come on you are an adult! just GO
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by RO$$
**** you man, i'm not being a wimp...i want to go and i don't see the the big deal either.

Obviously you are if you are letting your mother tell you what to do at 19. I realize you live at her house and all so you have to obey some of her rules... but jesus ****ing christ. You are a legal adult... go to the show.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
mani was like "i ee where tis is going...."
then 19!!!
wow man. go and have a good time.
Quote by Nizzi
Going to gigs on your own sucks . Ask your mum to go with you?

i'll ask her!
None of my friends like the bands I do, give or take four to five bands, so I always end up going to concerts alone.

Quote by metalhead987
mani was like "i ee where tis is going...."
then 19!!!
wow man. go and have a good time.

omg been frum amerka i thot ur english wud be gud but ur preti bad at it huh
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by nebiru
Obviously you are if you are letting your mother tell you what to do at 19. I realize you live at her house and all so you have to obey some of her rules... but jesus ****ing christ. You are a legal adult... go to the show.

Actually, you live in her house, you have to obey her.
However, It's illogical that she will tell you if you can go or not to a gig.
However, it's logical that she will be worried and will try to tell you not to go.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Tell her its ****ing Opeth! She'll understand.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
in seriousness, going into birmingham is fine, go a little bit early like 3 or so..... to queue, and on the way back after the gig to the train station follow a crowd, theres loads of people getting the trains afterwards and so if anything happens people will be around.
i go to gigs on my own all the time. once you get in the middle of a crowd you might as well not be with anyone anyway. obviously your mum has concerns but at 19 you should be fine.
Quote by nebiru

I'm not letting her at all, it's just her and my sister are both like "WTF why are you going to a gig on your own?!"
They don't seem to understand that it's quite a normal thing to do. Hell i'm going whatever she says, i was just curious to see what people think.
Quote by metal_axxe
in seriousness, going into birmingham is fine, go a little bit early like 3 or so..... to queue, and on the way back after the gig to the train station follow a crowd, theres loads of people getting the trains afterwards and so if anything happens people will be around.

That's exactly what i said, she doesn't seem to understand. ****ing over-protective Mother's!
Go, I've gone to gigs on my own and I'm 15. It's really not dangerous at all unless you're at a tough guy FSU hardcore show which you're obviously not.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I've almost had to go on my own, as few people I know share my music tastes. In fact, I had to pay for my friend to go with me to the Opeth gig in London (I'm not too fussed, it'll be worth it).

As far as safety goes, as long as you've got your transport sorted, it should be fine. You'll be able to mix in with some people in the queue and find some people to hang out with. Unless you're wondering around Birmingham on your own (why would you?), you'll be fine

As someone else said, follow the crowds.

Obviously it's not as fun on your own, but still.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Who in the name of fucking god does pull out at Opeth?
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
Quote by Xodah

An Infidel.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Just tell your mother you found someone else to go with. Hell, I'll go with you if you pay the train fare

Sure i'll pay! lol
^ Ha, does that mean she'll pay for the concert ticket then?

Quote by Xodah

Quote by darkstar2466
An Infidel.

Agreed.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by Våd Hamster
19!?

Sorry dude, but that's just....

LULZ indeed!!

i had been to rehab, jail, gotten my GED, and died on a hospital table by the time i was 19!

also i hadnt been living with (or caring about) my parents since i was 17.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
19?

OMG LEAVE HOME

Sorry, that was uncalled for...

But really!
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
19?

OMG LEAVE HOME

Sorry, that was uncalled for...

But really!

Yep laugh it up people. lol
Stop being bitches to him all of you who have. He's clearly got a pain in the arse over-protective parent.

Try and find someone else, if not then just make **** up. *thumbs up*
Quote by clapton-floyd
Stop being bitches to him all of you who have. He's clearly got a pain in the arse over-protective parent.

Try and find someone else, if not then just make **** up. *thumbs up*

Solution: Move out.

I moved out at 16 and never wanted to move back.
dude you're 19, screw your mom
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Page 1 of 2