I thought I should get this out here before Darkbitr7 comes back from Elderly with his Chicago Blues Box and I fade to the back pages.

I want to thank Hakael, Slats, JJ565, acdcrocks, H3t4br33d3r, oneblackened and everyone else that answered PMs from me about which amp etc in the past few months.

The guy bought the thing new, got it home and basically it was too loud for his wife's liking. He had other smaller amps and played them. He said it had a total of 3 hours playing on it maximum. So 18 years later she said it was spring cleaning time and she said sell it. Very clean cut guy, nice house in a $$$ neiborhood. I believe him. I played it for a couple hours last night and it sounds great the way it is. I will upgrade the speakers first at some point down the road, but there is no reason to spend a nickle on this amp at this point. I can't believe I scored this thing by cautioning the seller against selling it for the price he asked. (He had 20 calls in an hour and a half as soon as he posted the listing on craigslist.) Honesty went a long way with this guy and he said flat out that is why he sold it to me. I only offerred him $50 over his asking price of $450, but I told him the amp was worth more in the condition he described.

1990 - '63 Fender Vibroverb Reissue

Tube diagram inside.

Thou shall not scoop mids...

I was able to date this to a 1990 with help from acdcrocks post in his thread.

Thanks again for all the help everyone, I hope you like the pics!

Where ya at Darkbitr7? Maybe he passed out from amp orgasm on his way home from Elderly.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 18, 2008,
Congrats Looks like a STEAL you got there
Mint condition
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
One of the few Fender combos that looks good imo.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Those are great! I see the knobs are already set the right way (on the normal channel).

The speakers are a pretty big part of the sound: Fender actually discontinued the amp because they couldn't get them anymore. Personally, I wouldn't change them, but do what you must.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by mr_hankey
Those are great!

The speakers are a pretty big part of the sound: Fender actually discontinued the amp because they couldn't get them anymore. Personally, I wouldn't change them, but do what you must.
Thank you for that, I did not know that about the amp. Oxfords - once I played it I realized a speaker change won't be til these wear out. Thank you, I am still amazed I scored this thing.

Thank you too Hultan.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 16, 2008,
Nice buy looks an absolute steal for the price you got it!
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Nice buy looks an absolute steal for the price you got it!

I believe so, hey I cautioned the guy about the price. He called a guy at GC to see if it was a decent deal and GC never got back to him. Based on how I treated him, I got the deal.

Thanks too Gabel.
I am so jealous. Nice catch!

Must be ridiculously loud.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by Lightitup
I am so jealous. Nice catch!

Must be ridiculously loud.

Loud, hell yea, more than that the sound is so full, deep and rich. It's similar to the twin reverb i had back, back, back, you get the point.

Thank you spine.surfs! How's that new 50 watt treating you?
Oh god... here it comes...

GAS ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27

GAS ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. *thinks it's a good thing smells don't transmit over the internet*

Thank you Kyrreca.
Awesome find you lucky bastard!

So where are those clips?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I just got a decent digital camera (Cannon S5 - boo yah!) So I will be making some clips tonight. I was up until 2 am this morning playing it. It does "quiet" very well in the condo.
now, why can't i get one of these for 500 bucks?

great buy

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Absolutely amazing deal. Also goes to show that integrity is a great thing
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Good buy and great price.

I think you did beat me home.
I remember I picked up the amp at 3 pm the day I got it, and it took me an hour to get home, then I wanted to take pics and clips before I put it up on UG, so yeah, you beat me .

Sweet amp though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Thank you guys! I finally got some clips up on my profile page so you can hear it. My camera's mic doesn't pick up the "lows" as well as the "highs" but take a listen. Not my best work but it'll do for a sample of the amps tones.
Update - one of the guys I work with has a friend who was one of the 20 calls when the add went on craigslist. He called me "one damn lucky son of a bit*h." I have to agree. Thanks again everyone.
Quote by gregs1020
Loud, hell yea, more than that the sound is so full, deep and rich. It's similar to the twin reverb i had back, back, back, you get the point.

It's only rated at 35W thru those 6L6GC's, right? I bet it sounds full. I had a 60W Fender than ran on two 6L6GC's. Congrats on it! Nice to see doing the right thing paying off.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Killer amp man!

You better stay off the forum for a week and play your amp until you pass out from exhaustion or else!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Boy did you get a deal! I know what the guy meant about too loud for the wife. I just picked up two speaker Hot Rod De Ville Fender tube amp and you have to ever so gently move the dial from zero to 1/5 because if you go to 1, the freakin walls are shakin and she's bitchin. Enjoy that amp man
Dude that amps brootal!
You have 'speed' and 'intensity' knobs :P
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
"Now this is special, too, it's a...look...see...still got the uh...the ol' tagger on it"
Quote by howey
Dude that amps brootal!
You have 'speed' and 'intensity' knobs :P

Now if I can only get a "volume" knob on my girlfriend I'm all set!

And Slats, 6L6WGC's according to the owners manual I downloaded. (Fender part # 039214) I finally used the Daddy-O, more like "Daddy-Ohhh Shlt does this sound good".
h4t4br33d4r - I have cleared the next 2 weeks of my schedule, except that trip to Vegas for a wine show! Thanks guys.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 19, 2008,
My teacher has one of these. We used to use it in lessons.

Not anymore
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--