What is this? lol I have heard that some tube amps have this but it doenst make sense because it says they are all tube :s Also the amp im looking at says its "tube rectifier emulation" does this mean its a tube rectifier? Or a solid state one that sounds like a tube one. Sorry if i sound like a total noob lol.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Gear:
2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Honeyburst)
Marshall AVT50X
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Signature Crybaby Wah
I heard that the solid state rectrifier have to be replaced when you change the tubes or something like that. Hope its not true :S
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Rectifiers transform the AC to DC, which is needed for the tubes.
Most modern tube amps have solid state rectifiers because they are more efficient, less noise on the current etc.
No sound signal passes through them so they have a very minor impact on the sound.
Solid state rectifiers require an amp tube to be put in standby for a few minutes before playing. Tube rectifiers don't require this.
Also tube rectifiers respond less quickly to changing power demands, so you have less attack. Some types of music require tube rectifiers.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Last edited by Ventor at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by esp1234
I heard that the solid state rectrifier have to be replaced when you change the tubes or something like that. Hope its not true :S

Not at all. I doubt you can even easily replace them without cutting half your circuit board in 2
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
ok sweet thanks for all the help
Gear:
2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Honeyburst)
Marshall AVT50X
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Signature Crybaby Wah