pit, I require some help. How much does it cost to rent a tux, do I need to get some sort of flowers, how much will these flowers cost me?

any other dilemmas involving this dreadful thing would probably be helpful to myself as well, so feel free to post your problems/not knowingness as well
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent
Well, mine cost around $110, and it came with the vest and shoes and everything. It's nothing too fancy, just a standard tux.
Go in a kilt!
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Quote by GeeDee
Well, mine cost around $110, and it came with the vest and shoes and everything. It's nothing too fancy, just a standard tux.

hmm, as of now that leaves me $10 for dinner/flowers/whatever else I need, good thing I've got till may to get money
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent
£79 from moss bros hire if ur in England

that's the whole set, and i haven't actually thought about flowers
you'll need to get the girl a corsage and possibly buy a matching boutonniere (the girl is supposed to buy that but...) for yourself... that's probably around $30 total... and then my tux with shoes and everything was around $125-150 I forget... and take her out to dinner... good luck man ha my senior prom left me completely broke
And thats why I didn't go to prom. Tickets were $100, tux is another $130, dinner, flowers, shit adds up.

$100 tickets

Ours were £6 / $13
Quote by RidicuLousbass
hmm, as of now that leaves me $10 for dinner/flowers/whatever else I need, good thing I've got till may to get money

mcdonald's never fails
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by filthandfury
$100 tickets

Ours were £6 / $13

haha! the girls have to bring guys and thats the only way the guys can come, so the girls end up having to buy their tickets and ours!
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Tux will be anywhere between 100 to 300 USD, depending on how nice you get it. Flowers average around 50 bucks for all of them.

Our school had 140$ tickets. We're going on a cruise
Quote by filthandfury
$100 tickets

Ours were £6 / $13

that's pretty cheap
Mine are like 75 bux...but its in Navy Pear in Chicago
Quote by JakdOnCrack
I'm going to prom for the first time this year. Idk proper etiquette for my situation though. It's Junior prom, and i'm a sophmore guy going with a junior gal.

same here, thats why I'm not sure about stuff, also, is it bad that my chick is insisting on paying for both tickets, obviously its financially good for me, but is it a bad thing?
I would call around and ask tux places if they have prom deals, I remember one year I walked out with tux, vest and shoes for 80 USD. Flowers were 25 with boutonnière (call around, see what's cheapest and if any places include the boutonnière in the deal). Don't forget to know what color dress she's wearing (get a swatch of it if you can) and if it's reasonable, match your vest and tie to her dress and make sure the flowers will go with what she's wearing. I've been to four proms, maybe a fifth on the way, and I've had a great time at each. Let me know if you have anymore questions, I'll be glad to help!

Edit: No, it's not a bad thing, if she wants to do it and it's her prom, let her do it. You can insist on paying two or three times most, but after that it would get annoying. So, if you've done that already, just let her go, you're paying for enough already haha.
We Rock With Our Cocks Out: UG Naked Club FTW!!

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
how many George Bushs does it take to fix the economy? -1
For me (approximate numbers):
$40 tickets ($20 each)
$100 tux
$30 flowers
$50 dinner
= $220 total
Quote by RidicuLousbass
same here, thats why I'm not sure about stuff, also, is it bad that my chick is insisting on paying for both tickets, obviously its financially good for me, but is it a bad thing?

Let her do it. Not letting her would been seen as condescending, which is degrading.

Plus you save some cash