so I've already got what i consider to be the grandaddy of metal, my lovely 6505+ but, it usually stays at my bands studio. I want something with a nice all tube crunch to have at home, that is either nice for the price or portable.

so how does everybody feel about the Orange Tiny Terror? I hear great things about it and am willing to buy a boost pedal (tubescreamer) to really get a nice chunk out of it. Now mind you I don't just want a metal tone, because I do play alot of other stuff, but can it give a sexy heavy tone?

Also if anyone cared, I'm gonna buy a 1 x 12 or 2 x 12 cab to go with whatever I buy (probally avatar)

Check out my band! Endeavor

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (little 59')
Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Sennheiser EW 172 Wireless
Carvin 6 space rack
I tried it about a month ago and yeah it's brilliant, the crunch is awesome and I found that you don't necessarily NEED an OD/booster for it to do metal, just do the Marshall trick and pin everything (bar volume) to 10 and it can actually do it on it's own - a boost/OD would make it better of course though.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
awesome, I'm gonna try one on Saturday so I'll have to see. Any other suggestions besides the Tiny Terror? or does this seem to be the ticket?

Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Carvin 6 space rack
IMO, mate. The 6505+ is overrated, but each to his own, right?
I suggest a Peavey valveking combo amp for little home practice stuff, but thats just me.
Quite.
Nice one.
Yeah it's also very versatile, turn stuff down and it could get blues nicely with a little bit of dirt (I hate sparkly clean cleans without a light touch of OD).
I would personally go with a 1x12 with a V30 in it - I played it through the 1x12 Orange cab and it sounded grrreat.
I'm not sure about other suggestions unless you were to try for a Blackheart or something and boost/OD it to hell, but I would personally still stick with the TT.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

I dunno, I tried the valveking, and it wasn't to my liking...it sounded kinda thin to me. But then again people say the 6505 is thin sounding, whereas I find it HUGE with the right eq

Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Carvin 6 space rack
Quote by New_Crisis
But then again people say the 6505 is thin sounding, whereas I find it HUGE with the right eq

+1!!!
Put the bass/resonance up and man it sounds big.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

oh yeah, and most of the reviews I've found of it's thin sound were at low volumes....it's a tube amp....crank the bitch!

Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Carvin 6 space rack
Quote by New_Crisis
I dunno, I tried the valveking, and it wasn't to my liking...it sounded kinda thin to me. But then again people say the 6505 is thin sounding, whereas I find it HUGE with the right eq

It won't compete with the big sounds of a half stack of course but i can't see how it sounds thin, you know?

Considered a Laney combo or a Mesa combo?
Quite.
If I would buy a new practice amp it would be a TT stack or combo.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Tiny Terror is fantastic for low volume hard/rock metal.
Honestly I don't see why I need to sell mine, it's tiny with the 1x12 and brilliant.

And a good OD does help get a better sound for metal.