Hey im new here, and im about to move up from my starter pack guitar to a real guitar and i was wondering if you could help me:

First off, i like to play stuff from Red Hot CHili peppers to Aerosmith to Breaking Benjamen to classical sounding things and i wanna guitar that alows me to play all of these things, must have good clean and disto basicly.

Second, i would like humbucker pick ups, i just like the fat soud you get from them more than from something like a strat.

Third, if possible to hold long notes, such as if i where to be playing the Halo 2 theme it needs sistain i think....

Well i have been shopping around and so far these are the guitars that fit most of my bill (or as much as possible):

Gibson Les Paul Studio (im on a Budget)
Gibson SG
Ibanez RG dunno which model....there are so many.

and im open to new ideas.

Thanks in advance
wtf. you say you're on a budget and you can get a Gibson Les Paul Studio? I wish I was "on a budget"
Get some sort of SG
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Sounds to me like you'd be well off with either a PRS SE or a Schecter. They're versatile, well built and don't cost a lot of money (considering the quality they give you).

Oh and just so you know, Gibson and Fender are masters of getting young aspiring guitarists such as yourself to buy their half-assed cheapo guitars just because of the brand names. A good Fender/Gibson is expensive, if you find a Fender/Gibson that isn't expensive, it's not good. So avoid these pitfalls by buying a guitar that is actually a good value and well sounding/playing guitar, not just a legendary name.
Last edited by Aziraphale at Apr 16, 2008,
Epiphone Les Paul Custom/Standard Plus/Elite > Gibson Les Paul Studio

I've also been looking around for this kind of guitar, and good ones to try out are the PRS Custom SE and Hagstrom Swede.
Honestly, Id say go to guitar center and play them, or something similar to get a feel for the guitar and youll know immediately when youve found the sound youve been lookin for...I went in the other day looking at strats, and ended up with a nashville deluxe tele cause i loved the feel and it had the perfect sound I was lookin for
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I hate you already.

You just started, you do not deserve a Gibson.

My only advice for you is DON'T GET AN EPIPHONE.
i want your budget. les paul studios are 1200 if you are lucky. i would suggest an epi les paul. very similar but nowhere near the price. or if you really want a gibson i have a flying v and those are about 600. the sg would also be good
My advice, Cruiser CJ400, even though its korean its decent, got humbucker-single-humbucker pickups, good sustain, not very heavy n they dont cost the earth to buy. Mines got Ernie Balls Power Slinkies strings (excellent if you play a lot of Greenday as most of their stuff has a lot of power chords) which work well with the pickups n 5-way pickup selector to get the right amout of sustain n reverb.
Quote by JamesCopti
I hate you already.

First off im no noob ive been playing for 4 years now.... >.> and saving also
Quote by JamesCopti

The Epiphone Les Paul Special II, LP100 and Studio aren't worth buying, imo; but the Les Paul Standard and above are worth trying out.
Quote by JamesCopti

Gibsons are overrated, overpriced and rely too much on the brand.
Last edited by blue_strat at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by Alibot
...Ernie Balls Power Slinkies strings (excellent if you play a lot of Greenday as most of their stuff has a lot of power chords) which work well with the pickups n 5-way pickup selector to get the right amout of sustain n reverb.

SIGGED!
if a les paul studio fits your budget then get it....you cant beat gibson les paul anyday
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
if a les paul studio fits your budget then get it....you cant beat gibson les paul anyday

If you want a headstock that says Gibson then yeah, you can't beat Gibson. If you want a guitar with optimal, updated features that has a price that matches the guitar's value, then pretty much everyone can beat Gibson.