I hate having a floyd rose
25 22%
Im in between i like it and dont
46 40%
Voters: 114.
vengeance_elite
UG Senior Member
431 IQ
To all of you floyd rose lovers and haters out there. Taking a survey to find out what you all like. Do you like a floyd rose on your guitar or do you hate it? you tell me.

I love floyd rose's couldnt live with out it...ill tell you.
Quote by syyz1
I'm on my period, wearing no sort of protection, naked on a white chair

Quote by *Juno*
I put my balls inside the sound hole and strummed myself to ectasy

Quote by °☻°
I like it hairy, that way i can play welcome to the jungle while i have sex!
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
2,002 IQ
They're fun, but I hate how long it takes to tune and change strings. And yeah, I know you get faster the more you do it, but still. I like just being able to thread mine through my bridge.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Chorduroy
Registered Fat-ass
775 IQ
Quote by vengeance_elite
To all of you floyd rose lovers and haters out there. Taking a survey to find out what you all like. Do you like a floyd rose on your guitar or do you hate it? you tell me.

I love floyd roses couldnt live with out it...ill tell you.

It's a pain in the ass at times but that is the price of having a floating bridge that works so well.
vengeance_elite
UG Senior Member
431 IQ
when i first changed strings in my floyd rose it wasnt nearly as hard everyone else says it is well at least not for me...
Quote by syyz1

Quote by *Juno*

Quote by °☻°
DSOTM80
2,172 IQ
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Floating trems are the devil. Non-locking FTW.

You do realize that not all double-locking trem guitars are set to float right? You can have a Floyd Rose flush mounted.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
MetalMilitia212
Band
2,757 IQ
Quote by DSOTM80
You do realize that not all double-locking trem guitars are set to float right? You can have a Floyd Rose flush mounted.

You know what I mean. Double-locking = more trouble than it's worth.
Dickless.
vengeance_elite
UG Senior Member
431 IQ
it is well worth the trouble
Quote by syyz1

Quote by *Juno*

Quote by °☻°
DSOTM80
2,172 IQ
Quote by MetalMilitia212
You know what I mean. Double-locking = more trouble than it's worth.

No I don't agree. Think about it, take a guitar that has a flush mounted Floyd. Its the same thing as having a Strat tremolo only your tuning is rock solid and you can dive bomb the hell out of it without any worries. Now if your guitar is recessed routed for a floating Floyd then yes it can be a pain if you change tunings a lot and/or string gauges. A Tremel-No will help with that, but if you stay with the same tuning and string gauge then its fine. Its all personal preference really, not knocking your decision in choosing hard-tail by the way.
shredforbread33
It's all in good fun.
1,192 IQ
I really don't think it takes that long if you know how to do it.. I never understood why people bitch about it so much. The capabilities of having a Rose outweighs the time it takes to set it up by a long shot. I think people should be more patient before they make a decision of having a Rose or not.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
.:Darkness:.
Stiny, Get me a danish!
1,697 IQ
Its all going to be about what style the guitarist play. A metal / shred player will be much more likely to love a floating trem then say, a blues or jazz player.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
vengeance_elite
UG Senior Member
431 IQ
Quote by DSOTM80
No I don't agree. Think about it, take a guitar that has a flush mounted Floyd. Its the same thing as having a Strat tremolo only your tuning is rock solid and you can dive bomb the hell out of it without any worries. Now if your guitar is recessed routed for a floating Floyd then yes it can be a pain if you change tunings a lot and/or string gauges. A Tremel-No will help with that, but if you stay with the same tuning and string gauge then its fine. Its all personal preference really, not knocking your decision in choosing hard-tail by the way.

very well put i agree 100%
Quote by syyz1

Quote by *Juno*

Quote by °☻°
MetalMilitia212
Band
2,757 IQ
Quote by DSOTM80

Nah, I don't mean hardtail, I mean vintage style tremolos. I find that anything that a double locking trem can do that a non-locking can't isn't very tasteful.
Dickless.
macaroni
UG's Colourblind Guy
750 IQ
i like it when i need it, dont like it when its just there and i can't change tunings.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
DSOTM80
2,172 IQ
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Nah, I don't mean hardtail, I mean vintage style tremolos. I find that anything that a double locking trem can do that a non-locking can't isn't very tasteful.

Yea thats cool, I understand where you're coming from. Personally I love the vintage style Strat tremolo's and the old school 50's Strat tuners.
miggyi
311 IQ
My first experience with a floyd rose wasnt that great, i was in Dropped C with an ibanez... by the way is it a good idea to have a floyd rose if your in Dropped C?
shredforbread33
It's all in good fun.
1,192 IQ
Quote by miggyi
My first experience with a floyd rose wasnt that great, i was in Dropped C with an ibanez... by the way is it a good idea to have a floyd rose if your in Dropped C?

I play Drop C all the time..
was it an Edge3 by chance?
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
miggyi
311 IQ
Quote by shredforbread33
I play Drop C all the time..
was it an Edge3 by chance?

I dont remember, i think it said floyd rose on it tho
Malarkatron
43 IQ
I like having a floyd. I was worried before I got it with all the people saying how hard they are to tune and whatnot, but it actually wasn't that hard, tedious but not hard.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dudage
West Coast Islander
543 IQ
I would be lost without my Edge Pro. It's definitely a rock solid trem and I think all the things you can do with it make it easily worth the "trouble" involved.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
quantum leap
UG Fanatic
694 IQ
My second guitar has a Floyd Rose-ish bridge on it - the Ibanez ZR. It's not quite a Floyd - not truly floating - but it's double-locking and recessed to pull up. The ball bearings and ZPS mean it's pretty stable and easy to set up, but there is a lot of resistance when whammying due to the extra springs. Dropping tunings are actually possible, though - it slides into drop-D without touching the springs, and I could put it into Eb without re-setting it up. It's easy to hold the bar in any given position, and wide-range vibrato effects are a breeze and fun, but for subtle effects, I prefer the non-locking trem on my Squier. For what it is, having a locking trem can be fun, if you have the right gear and play the right music.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
timi_hendrix
My heron!
445 IQ
I voted "I hate it", but I don't really. I don't want or need one but I could put up with one if it was there, and would probably mess around with it a bit.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
jm1681
We're going for a ride...
1,572 IQ
I used to love it, now I hate it.

I'd go so far as to call it laziness on my part, but I honestly never go for the bar when I play my guitar equipped with a FR.

For me, it just makes life more complicated.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
TheDriller
216 IQ
I had one on a Jackson once, i hated it.
It gets in the way IMO.

also, i could never really get my head around the supposed "advantages" of having it.
In my experience it only ever sees use when your at a jam session, and in between songs one of the guitarists does a big dive-bomb while the basist is tuning up, then smiles to himself while everyone else carries on not giving a **** about it.
p-nutz
250 IQ
I love and hate mine. It's no bother restringing and it does keep tune forever but with 2 guitars with trems and not doing any trem work I wish I'd bought a hardtail
@-}-}-}-
sashki
6,579 IQ
I never use trems, and if you don't really need one, it's pointless to have one cos they make re-stringing and set-up harder.

I like Fender-style bridges, cos they feel nice to rest my palm on. I want a guitar with that type of hardtail.
(Invalid img)

That said, I like the effects you can make with them, but I never really learnt to make the most of them. They're cool, but not for me.
shredforbread33
It's all in good fun.
1,192 IQ
Quote by sashki
I never use trems, and if you don't really need one, it's pointless to have one cos they make re-stringing and set-up harder.

I like Fender-style bridges, cos they feel nice to rest my palm on. I want a guitar with that type of hardtail.
(Invalid img)

That said, I like the effects you can make with them, but I never really learnt to make the most of them. They're cool, but not for me.

Yeah I like having a guitar with a Trem and one without cause it is time consuming to replace strings. But like you said the effects and stuff you can do can define your sound.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Bazilisck311
The White Garcian Smith
445 IQ
I have one in order to play the music I like - if it wasn't required, I wouldn't have it.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Local666Union
i hate my username
550 IQ
Mah only problems with a floating bridge is the tuning and the inability to switch tunings without a set-up.
That's why I have 2 guitars.
sashki
6,579 IQ
Quote by shredforbread33
Yeah I like having a guitar with a Trem and one without cause it is time consuming to replace strings. But like you said the effects and stuff you can do can define your sound.

Well, I'd like to have one guitar that's good for everything I do. In the end it's all preference.
Riffomatic_5000
Ultimate Shredder
712 IQ
Actually, I love the Floyd, but I do prefer some guitars to be without it for tuning purposes, but I still love it.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!