Anyone know of any bass amps that can be given a slight overdrive? Don't say it can't be done, I've heard it before. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I recorded a cover of "Chameleon" and posted it on my profile. I got that sound by recording my bass with Adobe Audition and using the overdrive effect set low, I'm looking for something I can use live. My bass is a Fender J-Bass.
A bass overdrive pedal perhaps? Most pedal companies do one, and you could use a normal guitar OD for it as well.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I have a bass overdrive pedal, no matter how low I set the gain it gives me fuzz that I don't want. I'm looking more for an actual tube bass amp that can be overdriven and not damaged. I'm willing to save up whatever it takes to buy one.
Fulltone Bass Drive was designed to sound like an overdriven bass amp. It's something like $200 new, but totally worth it Never use a guitar OD pedal. It will cut all your bass and you will never ever get heard.

and this would probably get more hits in a bass forum
Ampeg SVT4-pro? That's a tube bass amp, I don't know; do your own damn research, it's not hard to find tube bass amps if you just look further than the end of your own nose.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Ampeg SVT4-pro? That's a tube bass amp, I don't know; do your own damn research, it's not hard to find tube bass amps if you just look further than the end of your own nose.

+1

Mesa also makes an all tube bass amp. The Orange Thunderverbs are built to be used for guitar or bass so they might be the best if you're looking for overdrive.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
fender bassman anyone?

i mean you could also just turn up your amp until it starts to overdrive, but SS clipping can sound nasty at times.
Quote by jof1029
fender bassman anyone?

i mean you could also just turn up your amp until it starts to overdrive, but SS clipping can sound nasty at times.

My bassist uses a POS ibanez solid-state amp and cranks it.. for some reason the SS clipping on that amp makes some delicious fuzz.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments