Alright, so I'm looking for a new amp. I'm looking for something that'll let me turn the treble up to a point where it could almost sound like a a rhythm guitar. Any good amps for getting really high treble?

ALSO What is the point of getting really good pick ups? Aren't they just support for your thumb?

EDIT: When I'm playing different notes really fast, e.g. 2-3-4-5-6-7-8, I get constant fret buzz, is this me or my bass (my bass aint great)
Last edited by meh17 at Apr 16, 2008,
ok not sure about the first question but i'll give 2 and 3 a shot

Q.1 Pickups are the magnets that pickup the string vibration and converts it to a signal whch gets passed down the cable to the amp

Q.2 The action on your guitar is most likely off so you can take it to get it "setup" or try to setup the bass yourself.
Anything with a tweeter gives good treble, pretty much. That, and all 8" speakers give good treble - and that's about all they give.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by meh17
Alright, so I'm looking for a new amp. I'm looking for something that'll let me turn the treble up to a point where it could almost sound like a a rhythm guitar. Any good amps for getting really high treble?
You want smaller speakers with a tweeter - definitely don't get 15s or 12s. Sounds like you'll want a distortion pedal too.
Quote by meh17
ALSO What is the point of getting really good pick ups? Aren't they just support for your thumb?
Is this serious or a joke? The pickups are the link between the acoustic sound of your bass and the signal that gets to your amp. Would you want your singer to use the microphone from a phone, or a crappy PC mic? In the same way you don't want rubbish pickups.
Quote by meh17
EDIT: When I'm playing different notes really fast, e.g. 2-3-4-5-6-7-8, I get constant fret buzz, is this me or my bass (my bass aint great)
It's probably both. Practice applying just the right amount of pressure in just the right spot behind each fret to play as cleanly as possible, and give your bass a decent setup.