I've been looking at individual pedals rather than multi effects, and I've come across the Sansamp GT-2. From sound clips and reviews, it sounds really nice, and I'm gonna go try one tomorrow and Saturday.

Can anyone who owns this or has used this give their own opinion on this? Or maybe give out some other suggestions for some other versatile distortion pedals that are in the <$200 price range? Or is Sansamp the way to go on this?

side note: I don't need teh super hi-gain br00tal tone.
Distortion boxes never sound good. Why kind of amp do you have?
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by omarrodrigez

A cheap $100 no name amp with a clean and distorted channel. The clean channel is surprisingly good and it's got a spring reverb tank, but the distorted channel is thin, tinny, and sounds like crap. That's why I've been looking at the GT2. I can throw it into the effects loop of the amp to try and get a distorted tone I do like. The amp isn't really a major issue for me anyways, as I only use it at home. I'll most likely be just plugging pedals straight into a PA.
Quote by omarrodrigez

never?

quite wrong.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by lazlow325i
never?

quite wrong.

I know right? One person's probably bad experience doesn't make them all crap.
Quote by rhettro
I'll sell you mine for $150 shipped.

damn, that's a great deal, and leaves me with like $50 extra to spend on other effects, but my parents don't want me buying something from someone and having it shipped.

Thanks for the offer though.