So I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, but I'm having a hard time figuring it out. 2 questions. 1, my buddy gave me some pickups, a Gibson '57 Classic and a Classic Plus. I'm gonna have someone install 'em, but what difference will it make where I put 'em? I've got an Epi Les Paul btw. Should I put the plus up top and the regular on the bottom?

2nd question. I also bought a Bigsby Vibrato B7. What's the install like on it? Should I have the guy who's doing my pickups do it as well or is it something I can do with a screwdriver and an hour?
1. Put the "plus" in the spot closer to the bridge, the "57" near the neck.
2. Well, yes and no. if you have no experience, there's a good chance something will go wrong. However, if u take your time to line it up correctly, its really easy.

and u got a set of '57s for FREE??? u lucky son of a....

and just a word of advice, bigbsys go out of tune. fast. invest in a set of locking tuners, they'll save u a lot of frustration later.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
The pickups can be done fairly simply yourself if you want to save some money.
Just a couple of soldering bits to do, nothing complicated, just follow a diagram.

And the general rule is the higher output level pickup goes in the bridge, i'm not sure what they are on those pickups, but if you know.

And if you don't know what your doing, i'd get someone to do the bigsby for you, i don't think its quite as simple as a few screws tbh
^+1
its simpler to install pups than a bridge, so do what TomR said. and the "plus" is higher output, so same as i said before- "plus" in bridge and "57" in neck
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
All right cool. I have 0 skill when it comes to soldering so I don't even want to attempt it. As far as the bridge goes, I might as well have him do it at the same time. I'll wait until I get the pickups and have him knock it all out at once.

Yeah, my friend works at GC and he got me both pickups and the vibrato for $100 out the door.
nice....

btw, save urself $40 and learn to solder- my first time soldering was redoing all the eletrics on my epi sg- and itll come in handy down the road for guitar stuff- learn now, not later! if ur really really afraid that you'll f*** up, then have him do it, but itll cost alot...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking