I'm not sure if this has already been a post before or not but hey ho.
My next guitar will be one of these 2, I want to know if there are any major advantages with the Custom over the Standard. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Squier Stratocaster
Marshall MG30DFX

Gear Fund - £97
i dont know a whole lot about the differences but i have a custom that i love. i tried the standard and the custom and i liked the look and sound of the custom better
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
thanks man
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Squier Stratocaster
Marshall MG30DFX

Gear Fund - £97
the custom and the standard are pretty much the same guitar with only cosmetic differences in epiphone's case. correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think there's any sound difference in the two.
The custom, according to some users on thsi forum it has better wood *only if its after they moved their factories to china aka made in late 07 or higher*
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I've played quite a few of both, and I reckon the variability in Epiphone guitars is sufficient that I wouldn't worry about Standard vs. Custom. I've got a standard that plays and sounds nicer than any of the customs I've tried, although the finishing on the customs is arguably a little better. You do get more finish options with the Standard and Standard Plus models, which is nice.

I would play a few of both and decide based on that. It is definitely possible to get a really nice standard, but also to get a really nice custom. Whatever fits best in your hands and has the best sound to your ears.

They both have the same epiphone pickups, which you'll probably want to swap out - this will improve the sound a lot for not much money.

Quote by Storer
I'm not sure if this has already been a post before or not but hey ho.
My next guitar will be one of these 2, I want to know if there are any major advantages with the Custom over the Standard. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Nope it's almost all cosmetics as far as I know.

I believe the custom has a mahogany top while the standard has a maple top but that's really the only physical difference possible.

I'd choose the guitar that plays best after trying since Epiphones tend to vary individually from guitar to guitar. Quality control is hit or miss as well so be sure to find a good guitar.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Apr 16, 2008,
Actually, Epiphone has been working on their QC checks by flying in an American Epiphone Rep to the factory to check all of the guitars over twice.

The Custom is mostly aesthetics, besides the mahogany body and top on the Custom, and the thin maple veneered top on the Standard.

The Custom has a slightly darker tone while the Epi is a little brighter. Both are still darker than a Gibson LP with a full figured maple top. Not really traceable to the human ear though, so no worries .
High as tits