Hey I'm really having trouble finding the right pedal for me. Either it doesn't have enough gain, or its way to ****ing heavy. Im looking for tone that could be compared to the older thrice sound (artist in the ambulance, or illusion of safety) or a wilhelm scream, or any other punk/hardcore band. My gear is an ESP ltd viper 400, an ampeg 50 watt all tube head into a behringer 4x12 cab. I recently bought a solid metal pedal and i just cant get what im looking for, so ill probably return that making my price range around $200

thanks.
My Band Plays 2 Thrice Songs, Abolition of Man and Stare at The SUn. I use an ESP AC50 Guitar with a Crate GT212. But the Pedal I use is just a Boss MT-2, with the mid range on my amp down to about 3. That Pedal is a heavy overdrive that doesn't give you too much of that metal distortion.
Last edited by paul999b at Apr 16, 2008,
Minorthreat, mid-scooping is a prescription for bad tone.

TS, I'd try an EHX Metal Muff, Double Big Muff, a Boss DS-2 and a Digitech Grunge.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
Minorthreat, mid-scooping is a prescription for bad tone.

TS, I'd try an EHX Metal Muff, Double Big Muff, a Boss DS-2 and a Digitech Grunge.

my friends do it and it sounds hardcore so.

Personally, I hate hardcore but would they do it sounds just like it.
Well, those aren't really hardcore, more just pop-punk. And while some metal, punk and hardcore bands mid-scoop, there's plenty of others who don't EQ out their guitar sounds (aka mid scoop), like Slayer and Converge.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2