So i was halfway through changing strings last night, and being the dumbass i am, used a different whammy bar(i misplaced my original one) to expose the string lockers on the floyd rose. Thinking nothing of this, on the third string, WHAM. The whammy bar snaps off, leaving only half the threads behind. I can officially say i am embarrased. Now what i need to know. Is the threaded part for an original floyd rose replaceable? It looks like there is a allen-screw deal holding it on, so i assume it can be taken off. If that is the case, where can i buy this? Definitley the stupidest thing i have ever done.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
anyone?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I dont quite understand what happened. Please give pics or explain in better detail.

EDIT: Do you mean the threaded thing that sticks up that the bar threads into? That i believe is one whole piece. Its what makes contact with the posts and holds everything together.
Quote by dogismycopilot
I dont quite understand what happened. Please give pics or explain in better detail.

EDIT: Do you mean the threaded thing that sticks up that the bar threads into? That i believe is one whole piece. Its what makes contact with the posts and holds everything together.

****...yeah that deifinitley sucks then. Goodbye whammy bar then. Im not dropping a couple hundred just for a whole new floyd rose. How much is the main piece that the threads connect to?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
It's a Floyd? You'll need to remove the socket it screws into and buy a new one. I predict around $30, but I haven't priced them lately.
Quote by CJRocker
It's a Floyd? You'll need to remove the socket it screws into and buy a new one. I predict around $30, but I haven't priced them lately.

The screws for the thread? The guy above you said it cant be taken out.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
The screws for the thread? The guy above you said it cant be taken out.

What do you mean? The part the arm screws into is separate from the baseplate. It can be removed and replaced with a new arm/socket.
Quote by CJRocker
What do you mean? The part the arm screws into is separate from the baseplate. It can be removed and replaced with a new arm/socket.

Ok, that clears things up, and saves me money. Now all i need to know is how to find one of these suckers
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Ok, that clears things up, and saves me money. Now all i need to know is how to find one of these suckers

You'll probably have to go to a shop and let them measure your Floyd and let them order you one. Parts like that are hard to find on your own.