I am now in the process of buying a cheao but useable multi effects pedal. i want it to have as much stuff as possible. i wass looking at the following:

Behringer V-AMP 2
Digitech Rp90
Digitech Rp150
Line 6 PocketPod (130 bucks, i know)
Zoom G2

i want now only to have effects, but some amp models as well. what suggestions can you guys give me?

thanks
I say the Line 6, they got good amp models and decent effects for the money. But save another $100 and you can get a used GT-8 which have every effect and amp model you will every need, and sound great - awesome when you know how to tweak it-
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
I say the Line 6, they got good amp models and decent effects for the money. But save another $100 and you can get a used GT-8 which have every effect and amp model you will every need, and sound great - awesome when you know how to tweak it-

oh ok
i cant save another 100 dolars because id have to sell my Playstation 2 and that would bring me to tears
^My opinion on this matter is sell your "Playstation 2" because its a waste of time playing games and its a waste of valuable practice time which is needed to get better in playing the "Guitar". However, if you play your "Playstation" here and there then its okay, but if you play it more than the Guitar, i say give up the guitar and just became a potato coach person. In conclusion, giving up the P is better in all aspect of guitar playing
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Personally, if you're willing to go used, there's a LOT of choices out there. If you shop craigslist and/or ebay, you can snag some good deals on models that aren't the newest or flashiest, but sound GREAT. The older digitech RP series isn't a bad bet. An RP1 can be had for about $60...as can an RP200, used an even some other nicer units can be snagged for under $100

Boss made the GT-3 which is pretty slick, and includes more sounds than most people will use, and the sound is either love it or hate it, but some of the older Zoom pedals can be gotten cheaply too.

Used gear is usually fine, and if it's in good shape when you get it, should last a long time. Just check the displays and make sure everything is still readable (a random LCD segment not working doesn't have to be a dealbreaker), and check all of the buttons to make sure they respond. On ebay, just check the seller's feedback and read the description carefully before you bid, and you can avoid most surprises.

Harmony Central's reviews is an awesome place to read up on user experiences with most gear...pay attention to the general experience most people have, as there's usually a few whiners or tube snobs out there who just hate everything...don't let one odd bad review put you off a nice piece of gear.

Good luck!
theres a guy on here thats selling his PP for $90

i know im a big help.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by alexdoabismo
I am now in the process of buying a cheao but useable multi effects pedal. i want it to have as much stuff as possible. i wass looking at the following:

Behringer V-AMP 2
Digitech Rp90
Digitech Rp150
Line 6 PocketPod (130 bucks, i know)
Zoom G2

i want now only to have effects, but some amp models as well. what suggestions can you guys give me?

thanks

Look on ebay for a used Yamaha Magicstomp, the MKII is better than the original IMO since you get a headphone output for playing on the road.
If you sign up on yahoo groups you can get the latest firmware if needed.

I run all my guitar though the Magicstomp MKII so any audio I have in my UG profile are good examples of what it sounds like.

The Magicstomp is cheap and sounds great for a digital pedal but its limit is that you cant mix FX, you can only add things like gate, reverb, delay, and chorus to most of the patches. The USB link is great as its much easier to deep edit with the computer being that you are using a large screen.

Overall I would get another MS if mine broke or got lost, but I dont think it will ever give me any problems.

my review of the magicstomp:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8859029&postcount=20

I'm doing a rework of "Deadly Cupcake" right now so keep an eye out on my profile for that if you want some fresh recording samples haha
Last edited by moody07747 at Apr 16, 2008,