Page 1 of 2
Does anyone else like them? I love them.
Quote by Td_Nights
Is this code for inviting your friends to a circle-jerk?

"We want a band that plays loud and hard every night. And doesn't care how many people counted at the door."
is their name some kind of Streetlight Manifesto ripoff?

or vice versa?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
hell yea!! i love the gaslight. and whats the quote in your sig, its in an against me song right?
no i don't think its a streetlight ripoff. and ya it's an against me song.
Quote by Td_Nights

"We want a band that plays loud and hard every night. And doesn't care how many people counted at the door."
I've heard only good things about them, never actually given a listen.
brnh.bandcamp.com
I didn't know they were a real band for a while.

When I saw that tattoo guy wearing their shirt in one of Mitch's comics I just assumed Mitch was Parodying Streetlight Manifesto...

:/
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I didn't know they were a real band for a while.

When I saw that tattoo guy wearing their shirt in one of Mitch's comics I just assumed Mitch was Parodying Streetlight Manifesto...

:/

I'm sure they have some kind of connection seeing as how they're from the same scene, so it could be a kind of parody thing. Also, New Brunswick represent, another good band out of there.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
My brother just got their new 7" a few days ago, so they're all I've been listening to. Blue Jeans and White T-shirts is one of the best songs I've heard for a long time.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
I dunno, the 7" I've been listening to isn't very pop-punky.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Quote by Sid McCall
is their name some kind of Streetlight Manifesto ripoff?

or vice versa?

Why, because both bands make use of the word 'light'?
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Hey, you know, light isn't a common word. Oh wait a second...
yaya blue jeans is such a good song. They've got a full length coming out in like august or something.
Quote by Td_Nights

I seriously ordered their first full length about 5 minutes after listening to Blues Jeans and White T-shirts. It's on backorder though, so I've gotta wait awhile.
Quote by Ska Wars
Why, because both bands make use of the word 'light'?

Gaslight ~ Streetlight
Anthem ~ Manifesto

The use of the word light in the first word and then the common theme of a piece of literature that represents your ideals in the second word...

I noticed a similarity too
damm this band is so good, I'm sad i'm gonna miss them when they're here in the netherlands (probaly becuz i'm goin to Negative Approach so more siked for that than GA)
Just checked them out. They're pretty good.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
****ing amazinggggggggg

The new EP is so tight. Wherefore art thou Elvis is by far the best song of the year.
damn I saw against me like two days before they started that tour. I would love to see gaslight.
Quote by Td_Nights

i tend to follow against me! around florida when they come here, haha. two gallants were a better opener IMO
Two Gallants are also such an amazing band.
Ya I woulda killed to see a show from that tour. Grr. We never get sweet shows in Montana.
Quote by Td_Nights

Bumping because they're seriously the best new band around. Hopefully I'll be seeing 'em in September!
I'm probably going to miss out on their tour with Rise Against in October because they come around at a bad time. I'd love to see them, though. I got the '59 Sound back when it was leaked and it's been on constant rotation. I recently got Sink or Swim and I haven't really stopped listening to it either.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Quote by MisspentYouth
I'm probably going to miss out on their tour with Rise Against in October because they come around at a bad time. I'd love to see them, though. I got the '59 Sound back when it was leaked and it's been on constant rotation. I recently got Sink or Swim and I haven't really stopped listening to it either.

Brian was recently on some radio station and he did a few acoustic versions of songs from the new album. Someone on the Plan-It-X forum ripped it and uploaded it. It's pretty interesting.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qwror0ys4rz
Quote by MisspentYouth
I'm probably going.

Soo much hype around this band. They're great though.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
There was an episode of Steven's Untitled Rock Show devoted to Gaslight. I'm recording it tonight.

It will be cool to see this band interviewed, because I know nothing about them except that they're from NJ, the singer sounds like Dicky Barrett and their first album rules really hard. I don't even know what the dudes look like.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
The new cd is all right, but has been getting on my nerves. It seems like every single song is based on the same idea or something.
I still have to pick it up. I've heard the reverb on his voice gets annoying after a while.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Well I think I'm going to see them with Alk3, Rise Against, and Thrice. I could've seen them at a free show about a half hour from me but I mixed up the dates, I was pissed. Anyway, the new album is pretty damn good imo.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I think the '59 Sound's a lot better than Sink or Swim, in my opinion. I don't really see a problem with the vocals at all.
They're definatly not pop punk, they're just very mature punk. The complete opposite of pop punk.
So I watched their interview on Steven's Untitled Rock Show, and I was really confused about who was who. The skinny blonde guy with the goatee was doing all the talking, and then they played the video for "The 59 Sound" and I saw that he was singing and playing guitar. I was like WHAT THE HELL?!

He definitely doesn't look like that voice could ever possibly come out of him. He doesn't even TALK like that!
Quote by StreetLight3989
Well I think I'm going to see them with Alk3, Rise Against, and Thrice. I could've seen them at a free show about a half hour from me but I mixed up the dates, I was pissed. Anyway, the new album is pretty damn good imo.

I've never listened to Thrice, but other than that, that sounds like the Show of the Year

/me searches for tour dates and tickets

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
October 26th

Rise Against
Thrice
Alkaline Trio
The Gaslight Anthem

at Austin City Music Hall, Austin, TX

Unfortunately, that's the closest that tour will be to where I live. Austin is like 5 hours away.

I'm gonna try to go.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
September 19th

Gaslight Anthem
American Steel
Polar Bear Club
Landmines

I'm excited. I think this could be the show of the year for me.
Quote by Ska Wars
September 19th

Gaslight Anthem
American Steel
Polar Bear Club
Landmines

I'm excited. I think this could be the show of the year for me.
Oh man

Best show ever?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Possibly! I saw Landmines last night at Ann Beretta's farewell show last night and they were amazing. The only band I'm not too into is American Steel. Their new stuff is kinda hit or miss.
Page 1 of 2