can any of you guys help me understand what my friend is trying to say?? i have been actually told this a few times by a couple of ppl and im still not certain on what it means.

on aim:
him: youre like impossible to read.
him: which im sure is your goal
him: but wtf.
him: let down your guard.
him: it hurts
him: but its worth it, i think
me: someones told me that before. idk exacytly what it means. impossible to read?
him: your persona is wierd
him: idk
him: you and kyron remind me a lot of each other.
him: its hard to interpret your intentions socially or otherwise by looking at what you do and how you do it.
him: your mannerisms are like receptor cite blockers
me: can you give me an exampleplease lol stuff like this i need to know what ur talkin bout
him: okay
him: receptor cites are what allow cells to know what they are interacting with and whether the interaction is with something that is friend or enemy
him: your posture is like... it closes you.
him: you have random behavior
him: and when youre not random, youre silent.
me: ok
him: and you cant own up to being wrong/ lying a lot.
him: which kyron sometimes is like that too.
him: like
him: remember how i told you a bunch of stuff about my life at your house a couple of weeks ago?
him: when you lie... it makes me feel like all of that was in vain, or that its going to bite me in the ass.
him: and its really scary.
him: everything's new.
him: nothing is familiar

i really cant seem to grasp what they mean lol please no spam
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
*sigh*

He means you don't act like yourself enough. Lighten up is basically what he says.

Do you have any idea how unintelligent you sound? =/
this is a translation.

him: im a big douchebag trying to be intellectual. i suggest you block me.
If he's not the only person who says this to you, then I'm sure there's alot more to you than your pretending.

Based on the information that you've provided however, and only that information, I'd say there's something wrong with him.
Quote by Våd Hamster
*sigh*

He means you don't act like yourself enough. Lighten up is basically what he says.

Do you have any idea how unintelligent you sound? =/

its not that im unintelligent i just cant grasp this because i have paranoid personality disorder and i think this may be as well be the cause. but PPD causes me to not know what hes talking about. idk its hard to explain.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
It means that he feels like you're not being geniuine with him, or anyone. That you put up a front by saying random things, but never revealing any true facts about yourself. He also doesn't like that you lie and that you can't fess up to it.
He's trying to tell you to stop being such a boring guy.

...Oh and to type properly also...

Hope I helped.
He think that you don't open up to people and tell them what you feel/think
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by Linqua5150
its not that im unintelligent i just cant grasp this because i have paranoid personality disorder and i think this may be as well be the cause. but PPD causes me to not know what hes talking about. idk its hard to explain.

Using a mental ilness as an excuse is in my book. Oh well.

Anyways. I made my point. You seem too secluded, lie too much, don't engage in longer conversations, stuff like that.

Wether this is true or not I don't know. But that is what he's implying.
Yup, you need to open up. Be yourself and don't act up around people. If that is the way you really are then tell then that.
him: you have to tell people what the hell you are feeling (angry, sad, happy etc.) because people won't KNOW from looking at you.
dont worry im the same way
ppl dont expect anything different from me
Quote by Adam_G
I think it's appropriate for you to walk outside and get some sunlight and maybe a life

Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl annoying me on the bus.
Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"
Her:"What??! Noo!"
Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."
when you look at someone you can tell if they are happy or sad by there facial expression.. this is a case of "reading" someone, if your impossible to read you dont show anything, some people do it on purpose because it makes them seem "mysterious" and "cool"

some people do it because theyve been hurt in the past and so find it hard to trust, thats what he means
It means they can't tell how you're feeling or what you're thinking by looking at you. They don't know you particularly well. You're not very open. You don't show emotion. Anything of that sort really. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just how you are.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Using a mental ilness as an excuse is in my book. Oh well.

Especially one like paranoid personality disorder. It's like anyone who's not a drone has a disorder, and any drone who is told they have one capitilizes on it.
ok i think i get what you guys are saying but its not like i try to be seclded or try not to open up i just basically go with everything and act however i act i dont try to do anything or not do anything.

p.s. oh and i wouldnt say that im putting up a front by doing random things, i started doing random/stupid stuff to be stupidly funny i guess. dont think it sounds stupid lol its really entertaining sometimes
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
the best thing you can do is tell people only what you want them to know without too much depth. i do it all the time. that way they think they're getting to know you and to a degree they are. just not every little bit. its normal i think to a degree.

do you really think you need to tell people about every little nuance of your life? this guy sounds emo to me.
Quote by z4twenny
this guy sounds emo to me.

me or the other guy lol
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by z4twenny
this guy sounds emo to me.

Damn those emos, always having proper vocabularies and worrying about their friends
you rimpossible to read means your not predictable, which is no big deal cuz ppl should be inpredictable, its the essence of everything, whats exciting about sonething your already know?? NOTHING. while on the other hand, its kinda of the sense of likfe to not know when your gonna die in other words
''courage is not enough to forget''
Quote by dark&broken
It means they can't tell how you're feeling or what you're thinking by looking at you. They don't know you particularly well. You're not very open. You don't show emotion. Anything of that sort really. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just how you are.

maybe it is just how i am. i think it is because i basically always act myself and if thats how ppl veiw me it must be how i am. thanks for helping me understand.

now can anyone help me to be able to be more readable at times when i want/need to be read? thatd be kick ass to be incontrol like that
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by stringmagician
Damn those emos, always having proper vocabularies and worrying about their friends

its one thing to have someone be all " you don't really seem genuine and sometimes it's hard to figure out whats going on in your head" but if a friend of mine who was a guy im'ed me all that stuff i'd be thinking

"ok.... is there something you haven't told me?.... like that you're, well, you know.... GAY"

because to be honest i'm not the super mans man or anything but i don't exactly discuss feelings and all that with my guy friends. hell i don't discuss them with my chick friends either. i keep that sh!t to myself. if i'm dating a chick and i feel it's necessary or she wants to know i'll tell her the stuff going on in my brain. but i'm usually pretty blunt so it's not required much.

and btw, TS i was referring to your friend. not you.
Last edited by z4twenny at Apr 16, 2008,
I have friends who do random stuff because they think it's funny. It's not and it gets old fast.
Quote by max355
Hating the 49rs is like hating the retarded kid in class.

The Cowboys, weed, and bass. My three loves
lol he is a different one. some of us(me and my friends) actually do think hes gay/maybe bi. not so much anymore but yea.

edit: ^well my friends think its funny but whatever
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Apr 16, 2008,