thats right, i may be getting a new guitar because im fed up with the floyd rose on my schecter damien FR. my band keeps changing tuning and it pretty much sucks. ive been looking at the esp ltd V-500. any other suggestions?
I'm assuming thats your price range? If so the V-500 is a nice guitar. Personally i like the MH400NT better. Easy to play sitting down, exact same specs and a quilted maple top.

Anything in the ESP 400 range is nice for the price, just dont go lower than the 400.

I really suggest saving up a little bit extra and jumping for the MH1000. My mate has it and it is VERY nice, plays like a dream.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
ESP/LTDs are really nice. Check out the EC-500. It's a great guitbox. You could pick up an Epiphone Goth Explorer but the pickups in that thing leave much to the imagination. If you want to stick with the V shape, they make a limited edition string through RR3 that you might be able to pick up. Hamer guitars are pretty killer too.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
big fan of the new Schecter Hellraisers with out the Floyd. They run about 650 last i checked (USD).

also, any of the ESP LTD's 400 series + are very nice, but again you get what you pay for.

If you're a schecter fan tho, check out the hellraiser.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist is an amazing guitar for the price. I have heard that you should just get a set of 81,85's with them tho, cause the HZ's don't cut it. But i actually like the HZ's, so i guess it is a matter of opinion.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Most people wont agree but I love les pauls for metal. Great thick tone and I can solo on it fine. Hell look at trivium they used les pauls for a while and they shred like crazy.
^ definitely. les pauls are perfect for metal. try those new epiphone prophecy guitars. they look sick and i think they come with EMG's
I'd say go for either an Explorer, preferably Gibson, but the Epiphone ones are good if you change the pickups. Either that or a Schecter of some sort; Schecter makes some good fixed guitars for metal.

EDIT: ESP also makes a killer looking Explorer with EMGs in it.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
if you want a les paul style guitar the ESP EC would be a better choice n my opinion. Thinner neck, thicker frets and usually a better pick-up for metal.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
ESP LTD EC-1000

Hands down.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks