Well my band is playing Erotomania-Dream Theater, I just wondered whats the best way to achieve the speed in the last solo, I am almost there andit has to be ready for saturday, so any advice???
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
Pracitice more.

Really all that you can do.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
If you have to have it pefect for saturday and your not even up to tempo yet then it probably wont happen.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Sorry man, but unless you've achieved that speed in your normal playing, you won't be able to do that by Saturday. This stuff doesn't come fast.
Quote by Absent Mind
If you have to have it pefect for saturday and your not even up to tempo yet then it probably wont happen.

Tempo is 108 and I am at about 100
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Epiphone Electar Tube 30
When you're practicing it, don't play the whole thing over and over again; get the tricky parts down and then connect the licks.
Tiger style.
Quote by theo_siordia
Tempo is 108 and I am at about 100

It's still pretty damn fast. Remember, you have to keep that speed even and clean.
you can either play it at the speed youre at, 100, because it is not much difference (8 bpm), but the only other thing is to practice until you get it up to speed
I had to get a replacement after I broke my G string. What a pain in the ass!
That section is a bit tricky. Nothing but practice is what you need. Are you skipping the 160bpm quintuplet part?
Quote by -efx-
That section is a bit tricky. Nothing but practice is what you need. Are you skipping the 160bpm quintuplet part?

+1

Unless you are Petrucci himself, you are going to have to practice the quintuplet part for quite a long time before you get it.

I would advise to play something else on Saturday. Play something you know well. Keep working of erotomania and you will get it eventually, but not as soon as Saturday.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by -efx-

I am as a matter of fact, now I find that to be the "not so hardest" part:P:
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Epiphone Electar Tube 30