hey, i ve been practicing harmonics for the past month and i was wondering if there were any songs that had harmonics in them i cant really find any aside from As i am by dream theater
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
portrait of tracy - jaco FTW
also continuum by the same crazy ****er.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
I'm probably wrong on this, but the intro to "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam has that bass riff followed by a couple of harmonics on the twelfth fret. I'm not sure if the harmonics are on the bass or a guitar
The Pit. The Movie.
on the live dvd of one of the G3 performances, billy sheehan uses alot in some songs.
YYZ - Rush has some in one of the fills.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by Spay
I'm probably wrong on this, but the intro to "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam has that bass riff followed by a couple of harmonics on the twelfth fret. I'm not sure if the harmonics are on the bass or a guitar

They were recorded on guitar, but I can play them on bass - they're around the 5th and 7th frets, as is the riff itself.

Don't forget that droning backline to Okonkole Y Trompa. Also, Empty Glass by Pete Townshend - lotta harmonics in that intro.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..

A eight-string bass
the eagles - hotel california. there's not many but they're there in the verse.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Technical Difficulties by Racer X has a ridiculous bass harmonics part about a third of the way in.
Quote by scawti
A eight-string bass

It's on 12 string but the harmonics are played on guitar.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by slap-a-bass
tool-disposition

+1
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by Stud_Muffin
a couple of dream theatre songs have them, but i can't think of any specific songs.

The intro to The Glass Prison has one or two, though that isn't great practise. More just an example of the 'bell' sound being intergrated.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
a couple of dream theatre songs have them, but i can't think of any specific songs.

"Lifting Shadows of a Dream" is a great one (though you might need a six-string bass). It can also help improving skills to get up to "Portrait of Tracy"
Birdland by Weather Report. I swear this crazy motherfunker makes his bass sound like a guitar!
Quote by scawti
"Lifting Shadows of a Dream" is a great one (though you might need a six-string bass). It can also help improving skills to get up to "Portrait of Tracy"

To be honest, once you have a good feel for the touch and finger posistioning of harmonics, PoT isn't that hard at all.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
try norwegian wood redone by victor wooten, if you can play that props to you, it's quite hard.

it's probably too hard if you just started with harmonics.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
show don't tell - Rush; thats was a nice set in the bass solo. and Wild Nights - john mellancamp has some in the pre-chorus
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Green Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Member - Geddy Lee Fan Club -

Hartke 4x10, 400W VX cab
Hartke HA3500 350W head

Squire Custom JAZZ Bass (Midnight Blue)
blood on the world's hands by iron maiden intro is nearly all acoustic bass harmonics. it sounds great on an electric too.
tbh i'd try normal songs and improv with harmonics...that could work
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!