I'm looking for a Soundhole Pickup for my 12 string and 6 string acoustic guitar
I'm looking to just keep the acoustic tone but be able to amplify it and record it.

i want to be able to use the same pickup on both guitars if thats possible

i really don't know much about these pickups so any advice at all would be appreciated

thanks
WOO
yeah, soundhole pickups are probably the worst for reproducing acoustic tone. Defs a no no for recording. Get a mic for recording.
A condenser mic of course!

as for soundhole pickups. i've heard the LR Baggs M1 Active in use on a Larrivee 09 series. it sounds ablsolutely wonderful and costs about $200. i think im going to pick one up myself.
Quote by johnos
yeah, soundhole pickups are probably the worst for reproducing acoustic tone.

I don't agree with that, I have a Takamine Triax, which is the same as an L.R. Baggs M1 active soundhole pickup, and it sounds very natural, especially when compared to piezo. I can plug it into my Crate acoustic amp and play loud and sometimes I literally can't tell that it's on since it sounds so similar to my guitar's sound. Not all are going to be like this, this one uses the second coil as an internal mic, but it's still a soundhole pickup.
Quote by captivate
as for soundhole pickups. i've heard the LR Baggs M1 Active in use on a Larrivee 09 series. it sounds ablsolutely wonderful and costs about $200. i think im going to pick one up myself.

Yuppers. See above. Just don't hit it with your pick or whack the body with other things, it gets amplified and it's unpleasant. It is very sensitive.