So im graduating in like a month and parents are probably gonna get me a present around 800$ so i'm trying to decide which guitar for around that price would be best. I play mostly metal

i've been looking at this

any suggestions?
Schecter Blackjack ATX. It has a set neck, seymour duncan blackouts, and the option of an original floyd rose. The FR goes for $799, i think the fixed is $700
I'm not sure if i want a floyd rose or not yet, but i usually like just the sorta normallish strat shaped guitars
I played a few Schecters and so far my impression hasn't been the best. Half of them seemed to be unfinished products, and the other half had vastly varied sound, despite being the same models.

I did play on of their Hellrasiers, though, and I was very pleased with it, but that's like 1/20.

Ibanez RG1570 is a shining example of a prestige series guitar, also. Haven't tried the 120 you linked.

I'd recommend something along the lines of an ESP LTD EC-1000 or EC-500, maybe.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
schecter hellraiser hands down. best guitar in that price range, course whether its in that range or not depends if it's got the floyd. ibanez are nice but ibanez prestige would be over 1k usually
Quote by Necronomicon
schecter hellraiser hands down. best guitar in that price range, course whether its in that range or not depends if it's got the floyd. ibanez are nice but ibanez prestige would be over 1k usually

Schecter Hellraiser series guitars are very good, especially for their price range IMO.

I don't think you wil be dissapointed considering you dont get stuck trying out a piece of beat-up junk.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by Aikoe
So im graduating in like a month and parents are probably gonna get me a present around 800$ so i'm trying to decide which guitar for around that price would be best. I play mostly metal

i've been looking at this

any suggestions?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1570-Electric-Guitar?sku=519965

I would suggest the RG 1570. I own one and I friggin' love it. Great guitars, but it all depends if you want a Floyd or not.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1570-Electric-Guitar?sku=519965

I would suggest the RG 1570. I own one and I friggin' love it. Great guitars, but it all depends if you want a Floyd or not.

choose mirage red and see the price. LOL. same thing happened on samash... the alexi-600 is 1200 or somethin... they put the black and yellow for 1200, and the black and white for 700....
Maybe a John Petrucci Signature or a Dean ML
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Quote by SteveBeginner
Maybe a John Petrucci Signature or a Dean ML

dude the jp models are $1500++. DEAN = NO!!
Quote by Necronomicon

Yea the hellraisers are nice. I just got my FR one. Paid about $850(zZounds) very nice. Plus its got an OFR. Which isn't as hard as people say it is to tune(still not as easy as a non double locking though ). I think the non FR one is like $699 or somewhere there abouts. And the black cherry finish is simply stunning.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Quote by jayeshrc
dude the jp models are $1500++. DEAN = NO!!

bahaha Dean are some of the best on the market. Best Quality.
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
^^ not really. they're WAY overpriced and they're plasterin dime's name on practically everythin to make money.
Quote by SteveBeginner
bahaha Dean are some of the best on the market. Best Quality.

Threadstarter, try a esp ec1000. There great for metal, I wouldnt advise emgs though unless you just play metal. hellraisers are good, but the necks are ghastly.
I think the best are: Jackson pro/MG series dinkies, Ibanez Prestige RG's, and ESP's (and some LTD's) M/MH series.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Apr 19, 2008,