ok so everytime i download something (tool - undertow (the album), specifically), it start to download and does about .8% and then says:

Error: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

What should I do? If I click start, then it does about .1% and then says the same thing.

Another thing....what are:

1) seeds
2) what are they.

EDIT: I have vista. does that matter?
Check out my music, if you please.
Last edited by GuitaristXakk at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by johnmalkin
Are you trying to open the files while they're downloading?

nope i didn't do anything it just says that message on the status column
Quote by reaume140
buy the C.D

+1

you cant call yourself a fan if you dont respect the artists enough to pay for their music.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by reaume140
buy the C.D

couldn't find it at our cd store...its really crappy.

EDIT: i mean the cd store, not the cd....
Quote by GuitaristXakk
couldn't find it at our cd store...its really crappy.

EDIT: i mean the cd store, not the cd....
amazon.com?
I have no opinion on this matter.
the number of seeders is the number of people in the swarm who are uploading the file.
more seeds= more speed. It sounds like your trying to use the files
Quote by johnmalkin
Does it do it with any other torrents? Tried reinstalling uTorrent?

i downloaded Metallica's Cunning Stunts all the way through without any problems, so it seems to work with videos, but not audio (i tried downloading john mayers continuum too)

and no i haven't tried that. Do you think it would work?
Try using a different torrent. Look for one on (I'm not sure if this is against the rules or not, if it is please feel free to delete my comment) www.torrents.to or mininova.org
Quote by Dan6
the number of seeders is the number of people in the swarm who are uploading the file.
more seeds= more speed. It sounds like your trying to use the files

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

it doesn't have any seeds, could that be?
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
Just right click on the torrent and click on Update Trackers. Happens to me sometimes. Should fix the problem.

tried that...nothing happens
Quote by GuitaristXakk
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

it doesn't have any seeds, could that be?

Lol.

No seeds = no complete download. Look for one with a high seed-to-leech ratio. Basically more seeders than leechers.
Quote by johnmalkin
Lol.

No seeds = no complete download. Look for one with a high seed-to-leech ratio. Basically more seeders than leechers.

cool beans.

if that works ill close the thread.
Quote by Zugunruhe
+1

you cant call yourself a fan if you dont respect the artists enough to pay for their music.

So, say you download The Black Album, and you absolutely love it. You listen to it all the time and you're inspired to write music by it. You then download the rest of Metallica's discography, and love it to bits.

You're not a Metallica fan, even though you're inspired by their music, their lyrics, and what they do? You're not a fan unless you pump out $13.95 to the RIAA?

Idiot.
Quote by Zugunruhe
+1

nah. not true

edit: ^^ he said it better
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by GuitaristXakk
cool beans.

if that works ill close the thread.

Should work. Seeds are people who have the complete file (100% downloaded) and are uploading to other people. It's still possible to complete a download without seeds though, as if collectively all the leechers (downloaders) have the entire file, everyone can get it it will just take a long ass time. On the right of the progress bar there should be a number (under the % i think) if it's below zero you're screwed and need to get a new torrent, as that is the number of unique copies of hte file in the swarm. (as in how many different complete files you can make if everybody pooled what they've downloaded together)
Quote by Thornography
So, say you download The Black Album, and you absolutely love it. You listen to it all the time and you're inspired to write music by it. You then download the rest of Metallica's discography, and love it to bits.

You're not a Metallica fan, even though you're inspired by their music, their lyrics, and what they do? You're not a fan unless you pump out $13.95 to the RIAA?

Idiot.

+100

The creators of South Park have a great theory..."it doesn't matter how people watch it, as long they enjoy it".
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
ya i have the exact same problem and im fairly sure its got to do with vista cause i had no problems using it on XP....so anybody able to use utorrent on vista????? anybody solved the problem yet??? cause it only happens with music files