Page 1 of 2
Hey everybody. I thought this would be a rad thread to start for anyone who's everyone experienced the rush of being in the pit. If you've got a mosh pit story or two, write them down here. Let's see how crazy this can get...

I've seen my fair share of things happen in a mosh pit. I've always found it funny how everybody in the pit can beat the living crap out of each other, yet we are always so curtious when someone falls over that we'll help them back up right away. It's like some sort of unspoken respect for the pit and the people that mosh. Of course the minute somebody loses a shoe, someone else is filled with an urge to pick it up and whip it across the venue. Ah, human nature is funny, isn't it?

Bloody noses, 6 inch black bruises, massive pit collapse, crowd surfing accidents, I've seen it all. What about you guys?
i've had a guy land on my friends head, then prop his foot against mine and proceed to kick off of it. That was epic
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Some guy at a Hatebreed concert started pulling out piercings from his face (he had about 15) and started piercing it up right near his neck... it was disgusting. Then he randomly punched some buff looking midget and he got slammed into the ground.
Speed does some crazy **** to ya.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
I also lost a show once well actually twice in the about 5 minutes... lol. I've seen my fare share of blood and bruises. i once saw a guy stage dive and nobody ever saw the dude come back up.. lol
Quote by boreamor
Nope because I'm not a dick.
Quote by spanish lovin
then did you just call yourself a PUSSY???

^This = Win
well to make a long story short: intense band and intense song=crazy pit, i didn't really want to go in (i'm more of teh headbanging type you know) but i somehow got pulled in, and in the course of it somebody got pushed into me from behind, and then i got elbowed in the face, which the turned into about 5 ppl all falling on eachother, and my hair being pulled, then some huge guy stepping on my chest
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
the guitarist came down into the pit, the song stopped for a minute, then he punched me in the face. right after they continued their set.
i saw some dude get his finger ripped off and some huge pissed off mexican on crack puch some dude like 20 ft it was intense
gear:
red fender strat
digitech rp200a
fender amp
roland micro cube
ive been pulled into every damn pit ive been in. most of the time ill get back out at metallica and slayer i stayed in for awhile. i haven't seen much crazy ****, lots of hot goth tits
The whole band except the drummer came off the stage (it was a tiny room) and started moshing with all of us. The guitar and bass went outta tune, and the singer was outta breath, but it was awesome.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
I was at Behemoth and Dimmu and this one loser was hardcore moshing, flailing his limbs in semi circles like the fag he was, whacking people in the necks. Then, he ran into this guy. The guy must've been 6'7", 300 pounds. The loser whacked his arm into him by accident, which pissed this big guy off. The big guy picked up this little fag and threw him forward about 8 feet into other people. Everyone laughed.
after every time i die set, (kse winter tour) my friend comes p to me while there setting up the next band and he`s like 'dude i think someone stepped on my face' and one side of face is red but then he turns his head and has a shoeprint in his face

lost a shoe once during lamb of god. it was easy to find because it handnt moved from the pit and i have size 18s
Quote by enragedtoast
after every time i die set, (kse winter tour) my friend comes p to me while there setting up the next band and he`s like 'dude i think someone stepped on my face' and one side of face is red but then he turns his head and has a shoeprint in his face

lost a shoe once during lamb of god. it was easy to find because it handnt moved from the pit and i have size 18s

One time I got punched in the eye while some guy was randomly spinning around with his fists out. My contact fell out and I caught it. I convinced the guy to block me while I put it back in. I got it in, he apologized and the night was awesome.

The same night I lost my shoe in a huge crowd, but found a random one with purple laces. I used it untill there was an intermission. During the intermission I made fun of the purple laces to some kids... Turns out, it was one of the kids shoes, so I had to give it back. Luckily I went into the auditorium again and looked around, someone was holding my shoe up, I got it back also.
Last edited by Jericho114 at Apr 16, 2008,
one time.....ast band camp

i was moshing in a local show
and some beast kid comes and punches me in the face and my glasses fall off
and come kid directly behind me catches them

i gess it was cool
i dont go to shows too often :/
I met my GF in a moshpit.

How's that?
Quote by dudetheman
That's....

an abomination. It's like a BC Rich had sex with an Ibanez, had an abortion, and it survived on the side of the road eating roadkill and drinking it's own urine.

Most metal guitar ever. Period.
I've never lost my shoe or been really injured, but I've been crushed by fat goth bitches plenty of times...maybe I need to go to better shows. xD I've also seen people get knocked over on a cement parking lot, lose half the skin on their arms and get back up and plunge back into the pit (this was during Hatebreed at Ozzfest last summer).
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Quote by Missingno476
I've never lost my shoe or been really injured, but I've been crushed by fat goth bitches plenty of times...maybe I need to go to better shows. xD I've also seen people get knocked over on a cement parking lot, lose half the skin on their arms and get back up and plunge back into the pit (this was during Hatebreed at Ozzfest last summer).

I think that fat goth bitches are potentially the worst part about going to live shows.
Speaking of the mutual respect thing the threadstarter was talking about;

I dislocated my knee in a mosh pit (**** it hurt, my kneecap was seriously as the side of my knee) but 2 dudes picked me up and carried my out while 2 other dudes cleared the way up ahead.

Didn't even know them

But now I'm really paranoid and scared of moshing... Havn't moshed since...
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by PastaOfMuppets
So yeah, once I killed a guy in the pit.

It was br00tal.

f*cker, that was me u killed!
i'll never forgive you for that!!!!
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
A friend of mine got his nose broken, so it was bleeding inside and out. And I fell over in a circle pit. Never plan on doing that again.
I fell into a merch table.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
I accidentally lost my virginity in a mosh pit
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Quote by Missingno476

Dude did you go to West Palm last time?

I was one of those guys xD
I was once in a mosh pit and I was knocked over

and the guy helped me up, and couldn't have been more courteous.

Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Like most people i've gotten my fair share of being nailed in the head by elbows. My last show which was Alexisonfire (you can all imagine how insane the crowd was), well 5 minutes in, a good part of the front push back since they were get absolutely crushed and it caused a huge ripple of people falling all over eachother. I fell on a pair of hooters...face first...

yes, she WAS fuking hot...
Quote by demonic_fishie
Johnson's naturally have a small kink in them, but if you've got a ninety-degree bend in it you should get it checked.

But hey, at least you could piss round corners.
Two friends and I were moshing at a local metal show and I knocked my friend over by accident and then my other friend ran by and kicked him in the face
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Lost my shoe at a Muse show, found it like 2 hours later, pretty ripped up hahah, man it was awesome, and also the whole GA was moshing, all this cold air was rushing underneath it was wicked!

At a QOTSA gig also, I was in the middle, a pit fight breaks out right behind me and some guy FREAKS out, pushes near me and like grabbed my arm, he was pinching me pretty hard, man it was crazy, I ended up having to punch him in the face cause it hurt so much, crazy bastard... About 5 minutes later, I was getting pushed together from both sides and my diaphragm was getting crushed and couldn't breathe too well... Spent the rest of the night (Smashing Pumpkins) at the back on the floor in extreme pain..!

Also, walls of deaths to local bands. "Emo's" V Metal Heads. It's great to watch, I'm an "Emo" but I totally hardcore dance in their faces and they **** off ^ ^
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Pit Stories...

One time my friend went in a Banana suit and was being passed over the crowd and got dropped on his head.
Same thing happened to me 5 minutes later
He also had his shoe (A Converse Chuck Taylor) ripped off his foot

I've been punched pretty much everywhere alteast once.
One time there was some faggot running around, flailing and looking like an idiot
So my friend just leaned out and punched him straight in the face, and he went down hard

Someone tried to steal my shoe once, so I kicked them in the face.
Uhh... What Else...
Oh, And I've been used as a projectile weapon numerous times
2001, Pantera, some guy was yelling at Phil and I think he called him a hippie, so Phil ordered all the skinhads to beat the crap out of him, was pretty damn brutal.

other than that, some guy complimented me on the taste of my hair...
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Here's what you do.
1. Get a trout.
2. Bring trout everywhere you go.
3. Problem solved.

Seriously, I wouldn't **** with a guy who is randomly carrying a trout.

OM NOM NOM
Quote by Zorlich
2001, Pantera, some guy was yelling at Phil and I think he called him a hippie, so Phil ordered all the skinhads to beat the crap out of him, was pretty damn brutal.

other than that, some guy complimented me on the taste of my hair...

Why was he tasting your hair...?
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Page 1 of 2