Ok, I got a weird question, but I figured I'd give it a shot.
I just recently bought a used bass, "pretty cheap" that i'm going to restore, it needs new paint.
I was wondering if there is any way to make a cheap bass amp that will take headphones, or If i could use an old cheap epiphone guitar amp as a bass amp "headphone style again"

edit: before this makes me sound like an idiot, I realize plugging in a bass to a guitar amp is a bad thing, because it can tear the speaker, but what if it didn't have a speaker?
Mainly i'm really wondering If i can mod that old epi to act as a bass headphone amp.
Last edited by WickedBeast666 at Apr 16, 2008,
Sure. I guess. Best way to find out is to try it, starting with low volume.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
It would seem I'm always recommending a Ruby amp, though this time with Bassman mods: check here . I'm not sure how this'll sound with the bass but I rather liked it for the guitar. I'd try it and tell you myself but I just sold my only bass last week, sorry . All things considered though, I think the ruby is the cheapest option available with decent sound quality.

I'm not sure about the epi amp, which is it? model, etc. I bet it'll work, but your sound won't be amazing.