I have an Ibanez RG350DX and I heard you can drop D any floyd rose guitar by standard tuning it like normal then using the fine tuners to drop the low E to D. Would this damage my guitar at all, or would it damage the floyd rose itself if I did diveombs or anything with the arm?

Sorry if there is a thread on this.
Ibanez RG350DX - ESP LTD EC-500

Peavey JSX 212 Combo - Digitech RP 250
Quote by N1ck0
I have an Ibanez RG350DX and I heard you can drop D any floyd rose guitar by standard tuning it like normal then using the fine tuners to drop the low E to D. Would this damage my guitar at all, or would it damage the floyd rose itself if I did diveombs or anything with the arm?

Sorry if there is a thread on this.

It shouldn't, but your other strings are going to go out of tune when you drop the E to a D. You'll have to mess around with the springs in the back to get it perfect.
Quote by sdmfmann
yeah, and thats a pain in the ass

Yeah, it's gonna take awhile to tune it. You could always just block the trem, and that would make it MUCH easier, but at the same time you're not going to be able to do anything with the trem at all with it blocked. (Well, depending on the blocking system you have, you may be able to do divebombs, but no pull ups.)
Quote by edusty2010
It shouldn't, but your other strings are going to go out of tune when you drop the E to a D. You'll have to mess around with the springs in the back to get it perfect.

Edusty is right. You are going to have to re-adjust the springs on your floyd rose if you drop your E string, so you might as well just tune it normaly instead of the fine tuners. That will just take a lot longer.
Quote by captainoid

Only problem with that is that when you have it installed you're going to have to cut a space for it to do any pullups, those things stick out like crazy. EVH made it, he made it to suit him, and he never had any of his guitars (as far as I know) routed, so he could only divebomb. With the D tuna sticking out you're just going to hit the body as soon as you attempt the pullup, so you're going to have to route it out if you ever want to use the FR both ways.

In laymens terms, those things are great, but only if you're going to do divebombs only.