Page 1 of 3
Positive racial discrimination gone mad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7349262.stm

No need for aggressive defending trying to disagree with the article, I just think they are flogging a dead horse trying to get black kids to catch up.

They are obviously less academic and more disruptive so there is no reason to try and give them special help to maybe get them up to a normal standard, at the detriment of regular students.

The government should stop wilting around trying to be politically correct and look at the figues and stick non-achieving 'emotional unstable' students in their own school to stop them dragging others down, not the other way around.

Are things this bad in America?
unfortunately, yes
but not everywhere
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
*reported*

No one post after me.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Black people just aren't as smart.
Yeah, it sounds racist, but its true.
The majority of black people are just not as smart.
It doesn't make them bad people or anything.
Its like how asian's have small penises.
And how jews have no rhythm.
O.o

Lets have a sexy partay!

Quote by R_U_READY?
brutal cabbage you sire are, in all sense of the word, a LEGEND no abbreviation can portray the hilarity of what u hav bequeathed to us, i love you for this

I am loved!
Quote by Joe-Fish
*reported*

No one post after me.

Why would you report this? Do you work for the government or something?
Dude!!! You are an idiot! ****! I had never cursed in a thread before but this pisses me off! Maybe you are the one who's failing. I am not dark-skinned but a really close friend is. He is a really good student
I don't think this is a spam thread. I think education systems should help individual students in need of help, not students of the same skin colour who don't need help. There's no such thing as "positive" racial discrimination. Whatever it is, it encourages stereotypes and division in society.
Quote by BrutalCabbage

Being black doesn't make you stupid. Do you think your skin is directly connected to your brain and the colour of it affects how smart you are? That's not how it works. There are plenty of things that can affect academic achievement (sociological, psychological, cultural, neighbourhood factors). Whatever some people call "race" isn't one of them. End of story.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Last edited by sSyLc at Apr 16, 2008,
People don't need to slate me, I'm not on the UK education board I didn't write this.
The real question at hand is should we be allowing blacks into our universities when they are obviously under performing compared to their white counterparts, or should we we just close the pool?
He's not trolling or anything.
He's just showing us a news article and discussing it.
Theres no reason to report this.
O.o

Lets have a sexy partay!

Quote by R_U_READY?
brutal cabbage you sire are, in all sense of the word, a LEGEND no abbreviation can portray the hilarity of what u hav bequeathed to us, i love you for this

I am loved!
I am against Affirmative Action anyways. Not that I'm racist, I just don't think people should get special advantages over others because you are a minority. Sounds good on paper but it is pulled off to be absolute ****.

I'm not going to insult you because it gets annoying whenever someone says something racist and they always say the same insults. Like, your racist your stupid! like jeez get a better ****ing insult.
Quote by Joe-Fish
*reported*

No one post after me.

Lol, mod wannabe?

Anyways, to be on topic, I'm pretty sure the article isn't suggesting all blacks are on a lower level, but general majority are (goes for a post up a few spots). I also think that special education shouldn't be given to a group of people because of their race.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by streetlegal08
Dude!!! You are an idiot! ****! I had never cursed in a thread before but this pisses me off! Maybe you are the one who's failing. I am not dark-skinned but a really close friend is. He is a really good student

So your friend is of above-average intelligence? That doesn't mean he defines the majority. The TS makes some valid points, although it sounds racist. I don't necessarily believe a larger average of blacks with poor grades is the problem. It's those with grades holding back others. Regardless of race or sex. I'm all for testing to assign one's curriculum.
D:
Signature.
Last edited by Atomic48 at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by streetlegal08

You sir, for not treating the argument like a grown up are fail. The TS is not shouting out "I HATE ******S, THEY SUCK AS SCHOOL, THEY SHOULD GO TO THEIR OWN SCHOOL!", he is treating the situation with a mild degree of political correctness in order to keep the people like you happy, whilst trying to get his opinions voiced. If you don't like his opinion, then back up a counter-opinion with an argument and evidence in an equally calm and coordinated way.

All forums are for is getting your opinions voiced. If there is so much political correctness in the world that we can't even do that any more, then shame on this world.
People can say what they want to me within UG's rules. 9 B-A* gcses here now a physics undergrad.
Are you trying to tell me that only white people should get help with school? Black people don't deserve it because of their skin color?

I go to a school with maybe 3 black kids total, None of them are stupid. We have TONS of dumb white kids as well, skin color has nothing to do with it, their upbringing sometimes does.

Quote by Dillona
Lol, mod wannabe?

Anyways, to be on topic, I'm pretty sure the article isn't suggesting all blacks are on a lower level, but general majority are (goes for a post up a few spots). I also think that special education shouldn't be given to a group of people because of their race.

I'm not a mod wannabe. The TS is taking shots at something with no other source than a news article. My first instinct is that he's a troll. If you read the rules, you would know there's a 2 minute window after a thread is reported. If a mod thinks it's fine, they'll leave it. If it's not, they'll close it.
Last edited by Joe-Fish at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by Joe-Fish
Are you trying to tell me that only white people should get help with school? Black people don't deserve it because of their skin color?

I go to a school with maybe 3 black kids total, None of them are stupid. We have TONS of dumb white kids as well, skin color has nothing to do with it, their upbringing sometimes does.

+1.
Quote by BrutalCabbage

I don't really know if it isn't so much they are not as smart. They just don't apply them self. I spent 4 months in Africa doing humanitarian aid work and alot of stereotypes still hold true over there and in the US. The biggest problem I see is that they are very unmotivated to improve their self they are happy where they are and will let foreigners come in and run all their businesses.
Quote by Joe-Fish

Are you trying to tell me that you jump to conclusions?

Cause people that jump to conclusions often look stupid. I know tons of kids like this.
Quote by Joe-Fish

His problem isn't others getting help in school. It's the fact that they're getting extra help because they're black because apparently, statistically blacks receive lower marks/grades according to this study. TS seems to agree with extra help but he doesn't believe it should hold back others or be applied because of race.
D:
Signature.
Last edited by Atomic48 at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by Joe-Fish

White kids don't get any extra help, they currently get the same help as black kids. The scheme proposed is to bring in extra help, at tax payer's cost, to try and boost the failing black children above the average level for all children. Kind of lacking backing the 50-1 over the 7-1 favourite.
Quote by ViperScale
I don't really know if it isn't so much they are not as smart. They just don't apply them self. I spent 4 months in Africa doing humanitarian aid work and alot of stereotypes still hold true over there and in the US. The biggest problem I see is not that they are very unmotivated they are happy where they are and will let foreigners come in and run all their businesses.

Again, having dark coloured skin doesn't make you unmotivated. If Africa was full of white people, it wouldn't be more prosperous that Africa is now.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by Joe-Fish

Nobodies saying that. But black people shouldn't get more help with school that white people just because their black. And no matter what the statistics in your particular school are, the reality is that the overall statistics show that black people aren't as smart. No ones making the statistics up just for the sake of being racist.
O.o

Lets have a sexy partay!

Quote by R_U_READY?

I am loved!
Quote by BrutalCabbage
Nobodies saying that. But black people shouldn't get more help with school that white people just because their black. And no matter what the statistics in your particular school are, the reality is that the overall statistics show that black people aren't as smart. No ones making the statistics up just for the sake of being racist.

School grades =/= smartness
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
Again, having dark coloured skin doesn't make you unmotivated. If Africa was full of white people, it wouldn't be more prosperous that Africa is now.

I may be wrong, but the most prosperous areas of Africa are/were white colonies.
Quote by sSyLc

But how can you know that? Perhaps people with dark coloured skin do have something in their genes that makes them unmotivated. You can't deny that black students have lower test scores.
O.o

Lets have a sexy partay!

Quote by R_U_READY?

I am loved!
Quote by Bassism
White kids don't get any extra help, they currently get the same help as black kids. The scheme proposed is to bring in extra help, at tax payer's cost, to try and boost the failing black children above the average level for all children. Kind of lacking backing the 50-1 over the 7-1 favourite.

White kids do get extra help. Maybe it's different elsewhere, but here any kid can get a quiz, then walk down the hall to get help from a special teacher. It's all equal opportunities here.

Quote by BrutalCabbage
But how can you know that? Perhaps people with dark coloured skin do have something in their genes that makes them unmotivated. You can't deny that black students have lower test scores.

As it's been said before. School grades do not mean someone's smart/stupid. Most every teacher teaches differently and everyone learns differently.
Last edited by Joe-Fish at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by Bassism
I may be wrong, but the most prosperous areas of Africa are/were white colonys.

Colonies, exactly. That's because they had all the resources of their empire at hand.
Quote by BrutalCabbage

You can't deny black students are all families of immigrants, most of whom are living in below-average housing and many in poverty.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by Brown925
The real question at hand is should we be allowing blacks into our universities when they are obviously under performing compared to their white counterparts, or should we we just close the pool?

Noone said all of them were dumb. A black person can be smart or dumb, but they shouldn't get special rights just because they are. We should not let anyone get in just so we can meet a certain percent of blacks, women, or mexicans, etc. It should be based on your skill at performing whatever task needs to be performed.

Due to the small number of women majoring in computer science I saw many women get all kinds of special things just for being a women in a field with few women. Some of them deserved it. One black girl at my school was probably one of the best at the school while I was there. She worked very hard and because of her race / sex was able to get a to go to a ton of special events. But on the other hand there were alot that were not very good but got special treatment because of their sex / race.
Quote by Joe-Fish
White kids do get extra help. Maybe it's different elsewhere, but here any kid can get a quiz, then walk down the hall to get help from a special teacher. It's all equal opportunities here.

It's help for everyone. This is suggesting even more help for blacks specifically.
D:
Signature.
Quote by sSyLc
School grades =/= smartness

Yes, I agree. I was at a lack of a better word. What I mean to say is the people with black coloured skin, for whatever reason, don't succeed academically as often.
O.o

Lets have a sexy partay!

Quote by R_U_READY?

I am loved!
Quote by Bassism
Positive racial discrimination gone mad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7349262.stm

No need for aggressive defending trying to disagree with the article, I just think they are flogging a dead horse trying to get black kids to catch up.

They are obviously less academic and more disruptive so there is no reason to try and give them special help to maybe get them up to a normal standard, at the detriment of regular students.

The government should stop wilting around trying to be politically correct and look at the figues and stick non-achieving 'emotional unstable' students in their own school to stop them dragging others down, not the other way around.

Are things this bad in America?

This is a bit racist, and it's the are the kids come from (inner city), that makes the kids suck. The other races coming out of urban school's suck too (obviously not all of them, but you catch my drift). It really is the system there, not the kids... they have no real access to information, their parents are poor, they know they don't have much of a future and they'll perpetuate the cycle with their kids.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by sSyLc

It may not make you that way but when certain stereotypes are the same characteristics in US and Africa you have to take a step back and say maybe it is. It isn't politically correct and you will be called a racist but there is something to it. Like I already said any stereotype doesn't hold true for the entire group. There are lots of blacks over in Africa who are hard working and have made a good living compared to everyone else around there.
Quote by BrutalCabbage

Jews like The Beastie Boys?

You're banned, shithead.
Quote by sSyLc

You can't deny black students are all families of immigrants, most of whom are living in below-average housing and many in poverty.

You can't deny that other ethnic immigrants such as Asians and Jews tend to prosper.

I'm not against blacks people, I just found your argument flawed.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
theres blacks in the UK?
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
People should have equal opportunities regardless if they're black or white. The only thing that should matter is a person's background or income.
Quote by Bushinarin
This is a bit racist, and it's the are the kids come from (inner city), that makes the kids suck. The other races coming out of urban school's suck too (obviously not all of them, but you catch my drift). It really is the system there, not the kids... they have no real access to information, their parents are poor, they know they don't have much of a future and they'll perpetuate the cycle with their kids.

Finally some sense.

I'd like to add that science exists for our benefit. There's no point in "being right and having all the right facts" if it just makes everyone feel like ****. There's a thing called ethics, and people with them don't publish articles that promote hatred like this one does.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Page 1 of 3