Page 1 of 3
So, there's a "What Song Are You Currently Listening To?" thread, so why shouldn't there be a "What Book?" thread.

I just finished up Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury and Home by Julie Andrews. Both were excellent.

I'm about halfway through Jane Eyre, and after that I plan to pick up a book called "Must've Done Something Good".
"The poor didn't want this one."
books are for homos read your scale book if your going to read
Quote by syyz1
I'm on my period, wearing no sort of protection, naked on a white chair

Quote by *Juno*
I put my balls inside the sound hole and strummed myself to ectasy

Quote by °☻°
I like it hairy, that way i can play welcome to the jungle while i have sex!
I just finished Ender's Game and Speaker For the Dead, and I'm waiting for Xenocide to be returned to the library so I can read it. I've been waiting for more than two weeks. I could have re-read the other two books in that time.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
just read 1984 for my ap english class, now i'm reading Zoo Story on sparknotes because it sucks, and we're reading A Midsummer Night's Dream in class. in my opinion, and it's not just because i don't like him, Shakespeare was one of the worst writers to ever live.
Encyclopedia Britannica.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
I'm reading The Brother's Karamazov by Dostoevsky, and I'm on the last couple of hundred pages. I really shouldn't be in the Pit, because I want to finish it soon so I can start on the Qu'Ran.
But it is probably the second most beautiful book I've ever read, close on the heels of Kerouac's Desolation Angels.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
I'm trying to read a lot of Jodi Picoult lately. I've finished two so far, and they were both fucking excellent.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
I haven't read a book in a while. The best book I've ever read though was To Kill A Mockingbird. I like reading short stories by authors like Edgar Allan Poe, and Ernest Hemingway though.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
I'm reading The Brother's Karamazov by Dostoevsky, and I'm on the last couple of hundred pages. I really shouldn't be in the Pit, because I want to finish it soon so I can start on the Qu'Ran.
But it is probably the second most beautiful book I've ever read, close on the heels of Kerouac's Desolation Angels.

You ain't my UG buddy?
their eyes were watching god for english class...havent actually read any of it though, doesnt interest me at all. i also agree that fahrenheit 451 is a great book too. im a big fan of good old ray.
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
Quote by sSyLc
I just finished Ender's Game and Speaker For the Dead, and I'm waiting for Xenocide to be returned to the library so I can read it. I've been waiting for more than two weeks. I could have re-read the other two books in that time.

those are great books, orson scott card is an amazing writer.

right now I'm reading a couple of George Orwell's books for an english paper. I'm reading animal farm, the road to wigan pier, homage to catalonia and coming up for air (ive already read 1984) and they're all great so far.
point...this is the pit. no one reads anything worth while. 98 percent of them are too busy wanking or being in the pit.
i'm reading 1984 in class right now, and i like it. dystopian is cool!
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
i finished "night" by elie weisel for school
its about a jewish kid who goes through concentration camps in WW2
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Quote by frottage
just read 1984 for my ap english class, now i'm reading Zoo Story on sparknotes because it sucks, and we're reading A Midsummer Night's Dream in class. in my opinion, and it's not just because i don't like him, Shakespeare was one of the worst writers to ever live.

you're reading 1984 for an AP english class? wow its expected reading material in grade 10 or 11 where I go
I just finished reading all of J.D. Salinger's stuff. "For Esme- With Love and Squalor", "Perfect Day for Banana Fish", and "Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters" were my deathly favorite.
"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
those are great books, orson scott card is an amazing writer.

right now I'm reading a couple of George Orwell's books for an english paper. I'm reading animal farm, the road to wigan pier, homage to catalonia and coming up for air (ive already read 1984) and they're all great so far.

. . . Are you the one who's holding my precious Xenocide away from the Ottawa Public Library???

Yeah, he is a great writer. I've already read most of the series, but it was years ago and I want to read them all again. Have you read the Alvin the Maker series too?
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by ortrigger
point...this is the pit. no one reads anything worth while. 98 percent of them are too busy wanking or being in the pit.

Then why has this thread gotten 16 replies in 6 minutes?

Not everyone in the pit is a 12 year old prepubescent little boy who just wants to be loved.
Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger. Very. . . odd book.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
Quote by ThePeacefrog
You ain't my UG buddy?

Just read your post and was about to say the same.
You into all that Beat nonsense as well?
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
I'm reading Closing Time, which is the sequel to Catch-22, which is in my opinion, the greatest book of all time.
I've just finished Snakehead by Anthony Horowitz (hey, it's a great series, ok) and the next one I read will probably be Animals in Translation by Temple Grandin. The author is autistic, and has worked out how animals perceive the world using her own perspective.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
Just read your post and was about to say the same.
You into all that Beat nonsense as well?

Yep, one of the best things about America. Do you like the San Francisco Renaissance too? I tend to lump them together.
The Portable Henry Rollins, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey for school (not complaining), and The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Quote by kaptkegan
I'm reading Closing Time, which is the sequel to Catch-22, which is in my opinion, the greatest book of all time.

oh man catch-22 was amazing, it made me laugh out loud, literally. i've read that Closing Time got mediocre reviews though...
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Just finished re-reading Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut, he was pretty much just a badass all-around...
Genius may have its limitations; stupidity is not thus handicapped.
I'm thinking of rereading The Silence of the Lambs, but don't know when I'll have time for it.

Next for English class we're going to read To Kill A Mockingbird and Their Eyes Were Watching God.

BTW - did anyone else have to suffer through The Awakening? Absolute torture.
Silas Marner for my Honors English class.
Do not read this book.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by ThePeacefrog
Yep, one of the best things about America. Do you like the San Francisco Renaissance too? I tend to lump them together.

Oh yeah, I'm a fan of both movements. I'm slightly biased towards the East coast Beats, but I do love the San Fran poets. I live right across the Bay from SF, so I've been round all their coffee shops and whatnot.
They're both probably my favorite literary groups.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
I'm still finishing up the last chapter or so of The Indiana Torture Slaying. Had to put it down for a while to get caught up on class work.
Quote by pftyeaiplaybass
I'm thinking of rereading The Silence of the Lambs, but don't know when I'll have time for it.

Next for English class we're going to read To Kill A Mockingbird and Their Eyes Were Watching God.

BTW - did anyone else have to suffer through The Awakening? Absolute torture.

Their Eyes... is one of the worst literary experiences I've ever had. It's what kicked off my Lit. teacher's feminist streak.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Page 1 of 3