www.weezer.com

took it back to the blue soundish

life is sweet
"Im not gonna say anything inspirational... im just gonna ****in sware alot. -Billie Joe Armstrong
wow i really dig that. ever since they came out with beveley hills and everything off that album i kinda wrote them off. but if they are putting out stuff like this now i might have to invest in their new album
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
that's pretty sick. can't wait to hear some more songs. the like chorus part was a little too distorted for me but it flowed pretty well.
wow. i really like it. i hated their latest one. so this is nice.
Quote by Td_Nights
Is this code for inviting your friends to a circle-jerk?

"We want a band that plays loud and hard every night. And doesn't care how many people counted at the door."
Pretty catchy...kinda underwhelming, but its better than most of Make Believe
thats pretty sweet. always have loved weezer, and i always will. i cant wait for the new album. i will definitely see them when they go on tour. nothing will stop me.
very good stuff. i don't know if i'd compare it to blue. but it's very good.
#DTWD
has anyone seen the pattern? lol... all the pop punk bands kinda drifted from there old sound with major labels and radio friendly sound. then everyone calls them sellouts and they bring back the old sound.
Quote by whosamerica
has anyone seen the pattern? lol... all the pop punk bands kinda drifted from there old sound with major labels and radio friendly sound. then everyone calls them sellouts and they bring back the old sound.

as much as this pains me to say because they are one of my favorite bands....

but saves the day anyone?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Quote by whosamerica

o_O

1) weezer is not and never was pop-punk
2) they've been on a major label since blue and have always had a 'radio friendly sound' (not that that's a bad thing)
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
o_O

1) weezer is not and never was pop-punk
2) they've been on a major label since blue and have always had a 'radio friendly sound' (not that that's a bad thing)

meh beverly hills was so not weezer. the blue album was real sloppy and very unradio friendly. and that was the beauty of weezer. not to dis them that they have made it big as a band but hell, bring back the blue album magic.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
I really like the new song.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
meh beverly hills was so not weezer. the blue album was real sloppy and very unradio friendly. and that was the beauty of weezer. not to dis them that they have made it big as a band but hell, bring back the blue album magic.

dude, blue album came out the same year as in utero (or right after). sloppy was kinda "in".

now you might have a point with pinkerton. very dark and even sloppier.

not to detract from their creativity and originality. i love weezer.

edit: still listening to the new song. been on repeat since i first posted.

and i agree "beverly hills" was not weezer. but rivers does what rivers wants to do.
#DTWD
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

blue album was not sloppy. and it had several radio friendly songs.

Buddy Holly? Say it Aint So? Undone-The Sweater Song? In the Garage? No One Else? Surf Wax America? hell, i could see almost every song on that album being released as a radio single.

if you want to talk about not being radio friendly, lets discuss Pinkerton instead.
Quote by primusfan

edit: still listening to the new song. been on repeat since i first posted.

Me too!
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by daytripper75
blue album was not sloppy.

agreed ... sorta. i do see his point. there's still a lot of raw quality in that album (in a good way). but i definitely agree pinkerton validates his point much more.

i don't see his point about not being radio friendly either. blue album is straight-up pop songs.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
agreed ... sorta. i do see his point. there's still a lot of raw quality in that album (in a good way). but i definitely agree pinkerton validates his point much more.

i don't see his point about not being radio friendly either. blue album is straight-up pop songs.

well, it might have been a little sloppy, but it wasnt that bad.

Blue album is probably one of the most radio friendly albums i can think of though. like i said, almost every song could have been put on the radio as a single, except maybe Only In Dreams.

but yeah, he definitely would have made a better point using Pinkerton. not many songs on there would have made good radio singles. they were all great songs though.
Quote by daytripper75
blue album was not sloppy. and it had several radio friendly songs.

Buddy Holly? Say it Aint So? Undone-The Sweater Song? In the Garage? No One Else? Surf Wax America? hell, i could see almost every song on that album being released as a radio single.

if you want to talk about not being radio friendly, lets discuss Pinkerton instead.

yeah it could be radio-friendly but just to the right ear. most people wouldnt want to jam out to any weezer songs on the blue albulm because they are so simple and sloppy. and when i say sloppy i mean it in the best way possible. thats what made weezer weezer.

In the Garage as a radio single? i hardly think not. taking about dungeons and dragons is hardly material for a radio single. thats reaching to a small audience (of which i am included ) But yeah, i do see your point, but no songs made it to the radio and i think that there is a reason for that. not everyone can related to weezer and thats the beauty of them. they cater to misfits and outcasts because they are misfits and outcasts.

damn, i love weezer.

*opens itunes and listens to the blue album*

EDIT:

musically yes, they could be played on the radio, but lyrically, they are the farthest thing from being played on the radio
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Apr 17, 2008,
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

EDIT:

musically yes, they could be played on the radio, but lyrically, they are the farthest thing from being played on the radio

but most of them dont have lyrics about D&D.

i mean, Buddy Holly, No One Else, Say It Aint So, Surf Wax America. songs like those. the lyrics arent really that weird.

its not always about the lyrics anyway. if the song sound catchy, people will probably listen to it.

i mean look at some of the hip hop and rap that is popular. most of those songs dont even make sense, but people like them.
That was awesome. Can't wait now.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by daytripper75
but most of them dont have lyrics about D&D.

i mean, Buddy Holly, No One Else, Say It Aint So, Surf Wax America. songs like those. the lyrics arent really that weird.

its not always about the lyrics anyway. if the song sound catchy, people will probably listen to it.

i mean look at some of the hip hop and rap that is popular. most of those songs dont even make sense, but people like them.

i see what your saying and i half agree, but the way that old school weezer would take things i dont think that main stream radio would tolerate it.

i mean like they dont say "yyyyouuuuu" enough or announce the name of their band enough by dropping "weezer" ten times in their song

/lame soulja boy joke
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns