I saw the thread about blacks statistically being worse off in school. It had me pondering this and I'm not trying to be racist but just wondering what you guys think but do racists think they are culturally or genetically better? Also for those statistics do you think those are cultural or genetic? I personally don't think I'm better than others in anyway but I do see racism as a declining but still very alive problem of America. So I personally thought about it and think that most racists think they are genetically superior, and the problems with them supposedly being dumber or whatever is cultural. So yeah just interested in you all's ideas.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Powerhouse
This thread is going to be bombarded with nigger jokes.

I hope not I wish people would try to be smart although this is the pit.
Quote by tayroar

haha
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
i consider my parents somewhat racist. they always stereotype black people and they claim that the Bible says that it's a sin for a white and black person to love each other. which is complete bull****. although in 2004 they voted for a black dude in the primaries, so i guess that doesn't mean they don't have anything against black people, they just think that most black people are trashy.
Quote by tayroar

The Pit will now destroy
Quote by Powerhouse
This thread is going to be bombarded with nigger jokes.

Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I would rather say that a racist is someone who acts negatively towards a person because of their race. Your current definition has a lot of loopholes.
D:
Signature.
While I do believe black people generally do worse in school than other races, I don't think it's because they are genetically inferior and lack the ability. I think black people are just as capable of academic success, but culturally they are not encouraged (explicitly or implicitly) to do well in school. Most of that is just the way African-American culture has progressed and shaped since slavery and severe racial oppression. Many African-Americans live in places that have bad schools and cultures that generally do not value schooling.
The medium is the message!
Of course blacks are worse in school.

That's why they have affirmative action
Quote by frottage
i consider my parents somewhat racist. they always stereotype black people and they claim that the Bible says that it's a sin for a white and black person to love each other. which is complete bull****. although in 2004 they voted for a black dude in the primaries, so i guess that doesn't mean they don't have anything against black people, they just think that most black people are trashy.

Yeah but do they see it as a genetic problem or a cultural problem?

Quote by Atomic48
I would rather say that a racist is someone who acts negatively towards a person because of their race. Your current definition has a lot of loopholes.

No the definition of racism is someone who thinks they are superior, also I was just saying why I think they feel that way.

Quote by The Rambler
While I do believe black people generally do worse in school than other races, I don't think it's because they are genetically inferior and lack the ability. I think black people are just as capable of academic success, but culturally they are not encouraged (explicitly or implicitly) to do well in school. Most of that is just the way African-American culture has progressed and shaped since slavery and severe racial oppression. Many African-Americans live in places that have bad schools and cultures that generally do not value schooling.

Thank you this is how you answer a question I would also have to agree with you. I believe in alot of cases you take the same person genetically watch them be raised with a different culture that doesn't shove be cool be gangster in your face then you'd have alot more intellectual person.
Last edited by tayroar at Apr 16, 2008,
genetically, there's not real difference in intelligence, but in America, it's a fact that by instating slavery and what have you, the rich white population is far better off and has more opportunity for better jobs and a better education. Thankfully, this trend is starting to turn, and more and more people are becoming able to achieve the same high standards. You can harp on "this is America! and the American dream is for everyone!" but it's just simply not true. We just need to stop focusing so much on race and gender (oh hey presidential elections.) and just try to make things better for all Americans, not just a specific race or gender.

Thats my thoughts.
i heard when slavery was at its peak in the US, some slave owners would kill any slaves that were to smart, trying to keep only the strong ones who wouldnt try and get others to escape. This, however, is only a legitamate reason for underachieveing for a small number of people, i know plenty of intelligent black people. I think nowadays, after a few generations it mostly has to do with what certain people are told to be like, look at some of the content in some rap songs. There is also a fair amount of racism in America still, so theres a number of factors to consider, but i wouldnt label anyone as genetically inferior
Racists think they're better in every way.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
most racism is built of the historic innequalities of the different races. this led to people speculating that it was the races were biologically inferior. this was the anthropological position of the ninteenth century, called scientific racism. people looked for evidence of inferiority between the races, and found no real evidence, although they saw what they wanted to see. nowadays, it is widely accepted that the differences between the races are due to cultural and environmental differences. if you want a good explanation of historic inaccuracies between cultures, read Guns Germs and Steel by Jared Dimond.
I have no opinion on this matter.
The school system is easier for white females, than blacks. At least from what I've seen in the state of California.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

i think they just consider the race worse then everyone else.
Obama is probably whiter than anyone in this forum, so i would have to vote no, your background doesn't have anything on your academic abilities.
Quote by tayroar
Yeah but do they see it as a genetic problem or a cultural problem?

No the definition of racism is someone who thinks they are superior, also I was just saying why I think they feel that way.

cultural. they're like TEH BLAK PPLZ R DOIN TEH DRUGZ AN RAPN DA GRLZ AND SHANKIN MA MUDKIPZ
Quote by metal Lover
The school system is easier for white females, than blacks. At least from what I've seen in the state of California.
where do you see that?
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by kd420
i heard when slavery was at its peak in the US, some slave owners would kill any slaves that were to smart, trying to keep only the strong ones who wouldnt try and get others to escape. This, however, is only a legitamate reason for underachieveing for a small number of people, i know plenty of intelligent black people. I think nowadays, after a few generations it mostly has to do with what certain people are told to be like, look at some of the content in some rap songs. There is also a fair amount of racism in America still, so theres a number of factors to consider, but i wouldnt label anyone as genetically inferior

So you're saying that all of the smart black people genes were killed by slave owners? That seems pretty ridiculous to me. I'm sure slave owners did kill a few slaves, but it makes no sense to regularly kill them... I'd think they'd lose money that way.

As for me, I say it's a cultural difference, my reasons are in the other thread... just about everything I've wanted to say has already been said. No point in being redundant.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by Bushinarin
So you're saying that all of the smart black people genes were killed by slave owners? That seems pretty ridiculous to me. I'm sure slave owners did kill a few slaves, but it makes no sense to regularly kill them... I'd think they'd lose money that way.

As for me, I say it's a cultural difference, my reasons are in the other thread... just about everything I've wanted to say has already been said. No point in being redundant.

Slaves were pretty much treated like animals, so they were selectively bred. If they were smart, they were killed, and if they were strong, they were forced to reproduce.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by SOADrox429
Slaves were pretty much treated like animals, so they were selectively bred. If they were smart, they were killed, and if they were strong, they were forced to reproduce.

I just don't believe it. I'd need to see a source, maybe you are telling the truth, if you are I apologize. Until then I think you're talking out of your ass.

Click me, or I'll die.

one of my peeps jokes............. MEXICAN WORD OF THE DAY: "JUICY"............ "HEY MAN, IMMA ROLL THIS JOINT AND TELL ME IF JUICY THE COPS!"
Quote by Bushinarin

Yeah that is actually true. I mean I hate to compare it to dog breeding because they are human beings but it is the same basic idea.
Quote by Bushinarin
I just don't believe it. I'd need to see a source, maybe you are telling the truth, if you are I apologize. Until then I think you're talking out of your ass.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z2Wy_xRHJd4

He speaks the truth.
I didn't feel like finding a legitimate source, and that's funny.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by tayroar
Yeah that is actually true. I mean I hate to compare it to dog breeding because they are human beings but it is the same basic idea.

I'm reading up on it now. I don't doubt that they were punished severely and selectively bred. I just doubt the fact that slave owners would regularly kill slaves, like that first fellow I quoted implied. It might have happened from time to time, but I doubt.

I don't know if one could selectively breed intelligence out of a race of humans, especially not in just 200 years (slavery was legal from the 1650's to the 1860's correct?). A lot of human intelligence comes from the way a child is raised and the information they're exposed to, not really out of genes. I know that no matter how much we're all exposed to things, not many will turn out like Albert Einstein or Stephen Hawking. I also know that slaves didn't have access to much information.

I'll stand by my point that you can't "breed" intelligence out of people. African Americans from urban area's don't have as much access to information, are raised in a difficult environment, and a lot of them give up. My long, rambling point is, that I still stand by the fact that any "gap in intelligence" based on averages is cultural... not genetic.

Click me, or I'll die.

To me blacks have assimilated into the common white culture (or in todays society maybe vice-versa)

If you get a redneck racist and ask him who he hates more blacks or mexicans, i bet hed say mexicans.

They have become the new black. Even blacks dont like mexicans. Im from the south so maybe i just deal with it to much.

But it really pisses me off. To be proud over something you cant control is pointless, same with nationalism.
Quote by deadflag77
To me blacks have assimilated into the common white culture (or in todays society maybe vice-versa)

If you get a redneck racist and ask him who he hates more blacks or mexicans, i bet hed say mexicans.

They have become the new black. Even blacks dont like mexicans. Im from the south so maybe i just deal with it to much.

But it really pisses me off. To be proud over something you cant control is pointless, same with nationalism.

Im mexican and get along just fine with all the blacks around here. But you do have a point. I think some blacks feel like they have a chip on their shoulder and wanna hate everybody now, because of what happened to their "ancestors". But most are really cool with me. I got no prob
^ well you're from SoCal which if im not mistaken has a large hispanic population.

Im from SC and the people down here are just accepting blacks let alone another minority.
Quote by deadflag77
^ well you're from SoCal which if im not mistaken has a large hispanic population.

Im from SC and the people down here are just accepting blacks let alone another minority.

Thats true. I think though, the "minorities" are definitely now the majority here and probably alot of states?
Quote by tayroar
I saw the thread about blacks statistically being worse off in school. It had me pondering this and I'm not trying to be racist but just wondering what you guys think but do racists think they are culturally or genetically better? Also for those statistics do you think those are cultural or genetic? I personally don't think I'm better than others in anyway but I do see racism as a declining but still very alive problem of America. So I personally thought about it and think that most racists think they are genetically superior, and the problems with them supposedly being dumber or whatever is cultural. So yeah just interested in you all's ideas.

well it breaks down like this, there is no real difference

its all based around 2 main socio-political factors

1- Poor people are proven to do worse in school

2- The U.S. government has ass-fucked the black population into ghettos, where it is hard to make a decent living and get ahead in life, and a vicious cycle insues.

in short, the government screwed them over once, and has never done a damn thing to fix that, it is the quiet, unfightable injustice that is still going on

in the 50s and 60s their were specific problems, lack of equal rights, and now that that has been fixed (debatably) the problems that the Black populations face are almost impossible to deal with.

so really, until the government does does something to fix that, it will probably continue

that and racism is still a big ass problem in the world.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.