Would this work? Or would the routing already done prevent that?
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
I'm assuming you're talking about the RG2228. You would probably have to route it out more, because I'm pretty sure the fixed Edge isn't routed all the way through the back (could be wrong, though). Does Kahler even make an 8-string trem?

EDIT: Yes, they do. It might need some new routing, but that should be possible. Go for it!
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Last edited by DrNick at Apr 16, 2008,
Not too much theres an excelling video on youtube that compares them both, suposivly Floyds are better overall but kahlers are easier to install
kahlers come in 8 strings

also, are there 8 string pickups that aren't emgs or solely for metal?
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by StealthyHayze
Not too much theres an excelling video on youtube that compares them both, suposivly Floyds are better overall but kahlers are easier to install

What he said. Basically if you want an FR, you buy a guitar with one on it. If you buy a guitar without on and suddenly decide, "Hey, I want a trem!" Kahlers are for you. There's very little difference in the way they work, some swear by FR, some swear by Kahler, it's just opinion.

For me I've only ever tried one Kahler and I can't say I felt a terribly huge difference, but I can say if I ever had a spare guitar or a project guitar I'd def go with a Kahler over a FR.
Kahler is going to feel smoother and use less routing at the cost of less range and a bit of stability. A Floyd is easier to work on and has greater range as well as being smoother, but requires a lot more (precise) routing, and in general there is more room for something to go wrong. Floyd Rose does make 8 string units IIRC, but I think it's on a custom order basis.