so i've been thnking its about time to upgrade my amp, but being the noob that i am i need some input from people who know more.

first i was looking at the marshall MG series, but after hereing mixed reviews of them I got a bit weary. also, i was kinda looking for a a tube amp anyways. Since i know next to nothing about different brands of amps i was wondering if anybody could help me in finding a tube amp that costs about the same as the marshall mg.

As a side note i play just about anything from the stones to metallica and I was kinda looking at getting a half stack instead of a combo if its possible.
if anything you can always buy the vox tonelab, its a processor with a tube in it so it produces tube tones but u dont need a tube amp.
Fender Blues Junior.

/thread.

but really, how much are you willing to spend, what kinda music do you like to play, how serious are you about playing?
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue. Nobody who has gotten one has ever had any complaints. MAYBE an OD necessary for the higher gain Metallica...this amp is amazing though.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
lately guitar dominates all my free time, so thats not an issue. the MG was about $600 so i'd be willing to pay about $100-200 more than that to get a better amp if thats what it costs. not that i wouldn't pay more if actually had money, but i already had to go in dept with my folks to upgrade my axe.

As for sound, I'm tyring to get a sound kind of like randy rhodes from blizzard, but not so i guess the answer for that would be more of a metal amp, but i do play a lot of hard rock to so keep that in mind.
do you play a good amount of clean stuff too? like are good/alrite cleans something you'd like as well?

blues junior won't do you very well w/ what ur wanting i know that.

i'm thinking a traynor might be what ur looking for to get a nice marshall tone.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Ceriatone plexi?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor