After doing the 18 volt mod to my Ibanez and hearing the night and day difference, I want to now do it to the EMG's of my Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR. But, having two coil taps, it is nearly impossible to fit another 9 volt in the control cavity. I really do not want to rout a hole for a dual battery compartment. any ideas on how I can accomplish the mod? Here are some pics (don't mind the cardboard trem cover; its a template for a custom cover)

Cliff notes: I know what the 18volt mod is, I dont have any room for another battery, how can I still accomplish the mod?
Join the Palomino Players Guild!
Guitars:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR (18v mod; Big Block, D-Tuna)
1975 Les Paul Custom replica

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
B-52 AT 212 - might sell this
Palomino V16...dead
Last edited by kasso at Apr 17, 2008,
Take out some springs and fit it in the trem compartment?
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Generalpwnt
Take out some springs and fit it in the trem compartment?

I can't. its a floating trem and I need all four springs to counterbalance the 10's I use.
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
Quote by kasso
... I really do not want to rout a hole for a dual battery compartment. ...

Cliff notes: I know what the 18volt mod is, I dont have any room for another battery, how can I still accomplish the mod?

Reality check: You've answered your own question. Either MAKE more room, or shut up.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Apr 17, 2008,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Reality check: You've answered your own question. Either MAKE more room, or shut up.

wow what an asshole. I just want to know what other people have done in this situation without taking away any wood.
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
Quote by kasso
I just want to know what other people have done in this situation without taking away any wood.

Then why didn't you say so?
I had a similar problem with my Yamaha Pacifica 521. It's H/S/H, all EMG(B:81,M:Single,N:85). I wanted a push/pull so I could go between 9 and 18 volts. I could get two batteries in the compartment, but couldn't put the cover back on. To solve the problem I built a voltage doubler circuit. It's built on a very small board, so it fits great, and runs off of one battery.

Here is the schematic and info: http://diystompboxes.com/pedals/vdbl.html

Here is the layout I used to build it: http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/TheBigMan-Layouts/voltagedoubler.gif.html

*note* The schematic shows a switching circuit that isn't in the layout. They put that in so that you can have seperate grounds for your audio signals, and the chip to cut down on line noise. Since I used the max1044 chip (more expensive) I tried it without the switch circuit, and I haven't heard any additional noise.

-Foot
Want to see some strange devices of audio electronic mayhem ? Check out my site
thanks. the voltage doubler looks like something I might do.
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead