Im in the search for an amp to replace my practice amp. I was wondering if there is one to meet this criteria:

Under $1000
2 or more footswitchable channels
Preferrably a standby switch (not that big of a deal)
50 or less watts (Tube)
Good Cleans
Good amount of gain
Versatile
New (can be used but i preffer it not to be)
Acceptive of pedals
Cable from the speaker that actually plugs into the back of the amp chassis itself So that an attenuator can be used.

To be played for classic rock and bands such as RHCP, Led Zeppelin, Muse and others. This IS why i want it to be versatile. Thanks for the help
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Depends on what you mean by "good amount of gain." I would give the Peavey Classic 30 a look, but it doesn't have a standby switch. Problem with wanting both cleans and gain is you either get great cleans and decent gain, or great gain and decent cleans. There's not really one that nails both IMO. You might be better trying to find a good used clean amp and a good used dirty amp in that price range.
Carvin V3
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Peavey Classic.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The problem with the peavey classic is that there is no cable from the speaker that actually plugs into the back of the amp chassis itself. this means i would have to do soldering and such to use an attenuator and i dont want to.

I was almost sure about the classic 30 but because of the above im not sure. That is a BIG deal for me. Does the carvin have a cable from the speaker that actually plugs into the back of the amp chassis itself?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
well, if you get the head and a cab, then yeah it does. However, im not sure about the combo.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
^^ The 50 watt does.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Hmm maybe ill think about the 50 then. Is it completely the same but 50 watts? How many watt attenuator would i need for a 50 watt amp. Someone on here said i would need around 1.5 times the wattage.

EDIT: Does the carvin have a cable from the speaker that actually plugs into the back of the amp chassis itself?

EDIT2: Also, where (what sites) do you go to to find these higher quality amps? i cant find carvin, mesa (any amps other than fender and vox) on common sites such as musiciansfriend.com
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Last edited by dzaerpoor at Apr 17, 2008,
My *Core* gear:
Fender: American deluxe strat HSS
Fender: 65 Twin reverb RI
Ibanez: PUE5 Tube floor effects
Furmam: PF Pro R Power Factor
My gear runs silent until the onslaught
I would say traynor for a budget they are nice.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
The Classic 30 also has a speaker output jack on the back of the amp, all you would need to do is unplug the speakers from their stock hard wire and run a new wire from the output, it really would be a very simple fix.
Peavy Classic 30
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Quote by dzaerpoor
Also, how does the traynor YCV50 BLue compare?

It craps all over the Fender, for want of a better phrase.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ok so:
YCV50 Blue
Peavey Classic 30
Carvin V3

Also it needs to be a combo, does the V3 come in a combo?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by Moe.
Personally, I'd recommend this with the Blackface and Plexi modules.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RM50B-50Watt-1x12-Modular-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481256

*blinks* really? are those actually any good?

I would also recommend the Peavey Classic, provided you find a version you can attenuate.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Traynor ycs50

its the only amp i've ever seen thats good at metal, blues, and country (my uncle tested the country bit)

switchable between 50 and 15 watts tube.

about $800 CAD new loaded with a celestion vintage30 (if you're into those)
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by FLNagle
*blinks* really? are those actually any good?

Yeah, they're pretty good.
I manage to get a tone close to 'rock you like a hurricane' on the Plexi module.
woah that looks really cool! CAn you buy those preamps separately? That amp really has everything i wanted too. Can anyone tell me more about this?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'