I'm debating between these two distortion pedals right now. I've heard a lot of people saying positive things about the Metal Muff, but I haven't heard from many people who have used the Turbo RAT, but those who have used it say it's really good. So before I just onto the Metal Muff bandwagon, I'd like to know which one would you prefer? Note: I'm using an Epiphone Les Paul Custom through a VOX AD30VT amp and this will be my first pedal; I play mainly post-hardcore like Thrice, Silverstein, Story of the Year, etc. I'd like to have something that has the crunchy, crisp treble I'm looking for.

ProCo Turbo RAT: $89.99 @ musiciansfriend

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff: $89.25 @ musiciansfriend

Thanks.

epiphone les paul custom
vox ad30vt / vfs2
I'd say the Rat, I just prefer the sound, it seemed to me like you want - more treble/crunch. Isn't your amp a modelling amp though? I'm unfamiliar with the line, but you should definitely try out the pedal on your amp first if you can.
Do you have a Guitar Center nearby? Buy one and try it out for 30 days, and if you don't like it, take it back.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
rats are great. turbo rats aren't. but you might like it. you gotta try it really. but honestly, for what you want to play, a regular rat should have plenty of gain. should.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Last edited by Gurgle!Argh! at Apr 17, 2008,