So I am fairly new to playing the guitar but that isn't stopping me from getting completely tired of this Roland cube 15, don't get me wrong it is good for a bedroom but I just want something better.

So what I want is some info on the pros and cons of the Marshall MG100DFX and the CRATE FW120. I know that Marshall is a top notch company but from what I've read from the reviews it comes short of the Marshall name, namely sound suddenly cutting out and breaking down shortly after being purchased. I don't know much about CRATE, and I am having some problems finding reviews for it, so any info on the CRATE FW120 would be nice, I definitely like that there is two 12 inch speakers in it but really have no idea on the quality of them. I have had a chance to play with both of these amps and I found myself leaning toward the CRATE, but it did sound a little tinny, it might of been the guitar though. I have found the Marshall for around $480-$540 and the CRATE for $420 after a bit of bargaining.

So if any one knows anything about either amp or some suggestions, opinions, or expert knowledge all info is welcome.
NO. Neither of the amps you are looking at are good. Look for a used tube amp for that price. Peavey classic 30 maybe
I am not one to trust used equipment but I was told about a peavey valveking 112 combo for $400 but have not seen one in any guitar shops around me and don't like buying without playing
The Peavey Valveking is a MUCH better amplifier than both of the amps you have listed. I'd really only recommend the Peavey Valveking if you're into heavier music. If you're going with a more 'rock' approach, I'd recommend something along the lines of a Crate Palomino series or the Peavey Classic series.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by petrove_86
i have about $400-$600 to work with

Those amps listed are within that price range then.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
You've already made this exact same thread.

*reported*
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Before closing: Your cube will sound better than both of those amps anyway. Look into the Valveking with an Od and you'll be set for a long time.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13