Page 1 of 8
Hi been searching for a testament thread, but can't find one so i decided to make this one.

discuss favourite song, member, line up, album, era etc. etc.
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
anyways, I love Testament, one of my favourite thrash metal bands
too bad I can't go to see them live this summer
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Last edited by Kepulix at Apr 17, 2008,
Testament are amazing! One of the best thrash band ever.

Some of my favorite songs by them would have to be Low, Into The Pit, Over The Wall, Jun-Jun, D.N.R., The New Order, Trial By Fire, and More Than Meets The Eye.

I want The Formation of Damnation so freaking bad.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
Testament is amazing. Alex Skolnick is the man

Favorite songs are the Haunting, Over the Wall, Burnt Offerings, C.O.T.L.O.D., New Order, the Preacher, Disciples of the Watch, Sins of Omission, Malpractice, Falling Fast, Seven Days of May, and D.N.R.

I'm wondering what their new album will sound like. It'll be kickass no problem, but I wonder how kickass? when is the release date for it again?

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

I've heard basically no Testament, but I'm surprised that they have no thread. Good on you, TS.

I've only heard their new song that was getting streamed a couple of weeks back, and it's awesome. I need to get into them.
testament are made of win!
i'm addicted to souls of black just now

alex skolnick is awesome!
Top lel.
Testament have 2 excellent albums, The Legacy and The New Order.

The rest are either half-baked thrash attempts, or a few slick albums with heavier sound and DM influences, which were actually pretty good albums. New one sounds a bit like new Exodus production-wise, from the two tracks Ive heard, but hopefully it wont be the pile of shit that Exodus has become.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by webbtje
I've heard basically no Testament, but I'm surprised that they have no thread. Good on you, TS.

I've only heard their new song that was getting streamed a couple of weeks back, and it's awesome. I need to get into them.

yea testament are amazing. i would reccomend the legacy, the new order, practice what you preach, low, demonic, and the gathering.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
am i the only one on this board who has the leak? i thought everyone would have it, lol.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
first time i heard electric crown i almost creamed my pants
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I really like Testament.

My favorite song of theirs has to be Return to Serenity.
Quote by MAKETHEMSUFFER!
yea testament are amazing. i would reccomend the legacy, the new order, practice what you preach, low, demonic, and the gathering.

Cheers man. I'll see if I can find some.
I can't believe that Testament didn't have an official thread. Anyway, Over the Wall 4 life!
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Testament kicks some serious ass. Alex Skolnick is a fucking messiah. He's better than almost every other 80's thrash guitarist IMO.

The new album (yeah I got the leak last week, lol) is amazing. Easily my favorite album of the year so far.
I wish I had even a bit of Skolnick's mojo. He's a bad MF.
There's four songs on MK.com from a performance not too long ago at B.B. King's in NYC that show just how bad he really is. Most of the time he's not even looking at his guitar. Dictionary definition of effortless. Looks like he's really enjoying himself also.
The Legacy, New Order & Practice What You Preach are my faves but, they're all good.
Confusion Fusion is probably my favorite instrumental of all time. Y'know, the old school instrumentals they used to write just for the pit. Little to no soloing just big ol' riffs for moshing.
Anyone know if they've confimed that U.S. tour with Priest and Heaven & Hell for this summer?
^ Yup theyre confirmed.

According to TicketsNow, the upcoming JUDAS PRIEST, HEAVEN AND HELL, MOTÖRHEAD and TESTAMENT tour will hit Camden, New Jersey on August 6 and Dallas, Texas on August 22.

So far the following ***unconfirmed*** dates for the tour have been revealed:

Aug. 06 - Camden, NJ @ Susquehanna Bank Center
Aug. 07 - Bristow, VA @ Nissan Pavilion At Stone Ridge
Aug. 09 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
Aug. 10 - Wantagh, NY @ Nikon At Jones Beach Theater
Aug. 13 - Toronto, ON @ The Molson Amphitheatre
Aug. 15 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun
Aug. 16 - Burgettstown, PA @ Post-Gazette Pavilion
Aug. 18 - Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
Aug. 19 - Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
Aug. 22 - Dallas, TX @ Superpages.com Center
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Quote by UGHm.o.w.
^"The tour I would kill babies to go see

Fixed.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Return to serenity rules!
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Quote by Amerikhastan
**** YES! They are coming to my city with Judas Priest! **** Yes!!

f*** you
lol
Top lel.
lucky!
Quote by Trefellin

Tickets for that tour are going to be wicked expensive. I'd love to go, but there are other things I'd want to spend the money on.
Testament is my favourite thrash metal band after Metallica and Megadeth.I own their first 2 albums,and Skolnick is IMO the best thrash lead guitarist after Marty.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Stranglehold

Aug. 13 - Toronto, ON @ The Molson Amphitheatre

TESTAMENT + PRIEST!!!!

I'm so ****ing there. I agree it's probably gonna cost me an arm and a leg, but it'll be so damn worth it.

I'm hoping for long sets...though Testament's is probably gonna be the shortest of them all.

Wow, great news.

My guess is that Priest isn't gonna play Nostradamus in full this time around (on the next tour where they tour by themselves they will) because it's like a mini-fest. Hopefully I'll get to hear Halford scream his lungs off in JP classics!
Last edited by ZylitoL at Apr 19, 2008,
Quote by Megallica Dude
and Skolnick is IMO the best thrash lead guitarist after Marty.

agreed!
Top lel.
Quote by Megallica Dude
Testament is my favourite thrash metal band after Metallica and Megadeth.I own their first 2 albums,and Skolnick is IMO the best thrash lead guitarist after Marty.

+1
Quote by Trefellin

"We'll be on first, and we're only gonna have 30 minutes, so we won't be doing any talking," Billy said. "We're just gonna hit you hard — bam, bam, bam, bam — with everything we've got."

30 minutes is rather short, but oh well. At least it'll be 30 minutes of non stop asskicking.

According to the Beaver County Times, tickets for the August 16, 2008 concert at the Post-Gazette Pavilion at StarLake in Burgettstown, Pennsylvania featuring HEAVEN AND HELL, JUDAS PRIEST, MOTÖRHEAD and TESTAMENT will go on sale on Friday, April 25 at 10:00 a.m., priced $20 to $100.

If it's true, the price is very competent.
god damn, that is such a sick tour.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Does anyone here get catharsic feeling when listening to Musical Death?I am pretty impressed by Eric's solo in that song too.
Current situation:
yeah! whats your fave song by testament?

mines probably practice what you preach!
Quote by Trefellin

Hard to choose...if I had to choose now I would choose Musical Death.
Current situation:
Apocalyptic City fo sho.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
i've really been into low alot recently. it was the first song i heard by them and i love it. the new order is amazing as well.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL