Hello!
I have just bought a Jimi Hendrix fuzz face, and i already had a crybaby. Before i bought it i red in the product manual, and i spotted the sentence " For especially hairy lead guitar tones, combine the fuzz face effect with any Crybaby Wah Wah pedal" I thought like "Wow" i must have it (I really like jimi hendrix)
When i got the pedal i tried it without a crybaby and i loved the sound. But when i placed the crybaby in front of the fuzz face and turned both effects on, i could hardly hear the fuzz, and the sound got a big boost as i turned the wah on! So i tried reverse them (with the fuzz face in front of the wah) and i could hardly hear the wah, and if i had the fuzz on maximum (like i prefer) and turned on the wah and healed it back the amp started to scream and it wouldent stop.

Help me!
What should i do?
output buffer on the wah/input buffer on the fuzz face

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
If you've got a buffered pedal (Boss, Digitech, Ibanez, etc) put it in between them.
Fuzz always first in my opinion. Like that matters.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Hold the phone just a minute....

to make a fuzz pedal sound good with a wah....if you're not good enough to build your own buffer, all you need to do is put a pedal between them that has a buffer? for example any boss pedal?
^that would work, yea

a self-built buffer might/will sound better though

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Well, it's just the only wah pedals I know of that sound good with fuzz right outta the box are the Teese RMC wahs and the ZVEX wah probe.

The latter is more than I want to spend on a wah (and it doesn't even have the option of being powered by an adaptor) and the Teese wahs are nigh on impossible to find in England.

I'm also useless at building anything myself, so I know I wouldn't be able to make my own buffer.

Looks like I'll be buying the cheapest buffer pedal I can find then
What is a buffer and what does it do? How does a buffer help me? How mutch do they cost/ What do i need to build one?
Quote by matt bickerton
Well, it's just the only wah pedals I know of that sound good with fuzz right outta the box are the Teese RMC wahs and the ZVEX wah probe.

The latter is more than I want to spend on a wah (and it doesn't even have the option of being powered by an adaptor) and the Teese wahs are nigh on impossible to find in England.

I'm also useless at building anything myself, so I know I wouldn't be able to make my own buffer.

Looks like I'll be buying the cheapest buffer pedal I can find then

the teese wahs have the foxrox buffer in em, you could buy one of that, which would be more than like a ds-1 though

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

You should have asked first about what to buy for a hendrixy sound- Roger Mayer fuzz and a Vox wah.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
what kind of Crybaby do u have? they usually come with a buffer afaik, might be another problem..
Crybaby GCB95. I have tried the Vox wah and in my opinion it really sounds like ****, like something from a toystore. Anyway, the strange thing is that wrote in the maual that they really sound cool togeather. Please, what should i do?
It sounds ok with the wah first from the amp, but when i turn the effects of, the sound on the amp is really low
Quote by Denkath
Crybaby GCB95. I have tried the Vox wah and in my opinion it really sounds like ****, like something from a toystore. Anyway, the strange thing is that wrote in the maual that they really sound cool togeather. Please, what should i do?

umm

BUFFER!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

check out this site: http://www.muzique.com/lab/buffers.htm
2 caps, 2 resistors, an op amp and an op-amp socket. thats all you need for a buffer. well, and some wire and a soldering iron. just build what it shows, then stick it on the output wire of your wah (youll have to cut it). makes a wah sound beautiful with a fuzz after it.
you have to balance out the volume of the pedal and amp... that is just dial settings that you have to figure out how to deal with.

my bass amp has a really sweet feature. it has an effects loop port in/out, and so if i wanted to use both, i would put the wah guitar--->wah--->amp and amp out--->fuzz--->amp in
^not very advisable at all...but you could do it...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame