Im looking for a British sounding amp. With enough power to gig with. I like to play Classic Rock (Led Zeppelin, GnR, Ac/DC, Black Sabbath, Ozzy) with some Metallica from time to time. I was looking at a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 601 used or a new Traynor YCV Custom 50 Blue. What do you guys think? Any input you guys can give would be great.

Thanks
Gear:
2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Honeyburst)
Marshall AVT50X
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Signature Crybaby Wah
budget plz?

edit sorry my bad
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Last edited by rancidryan at Apr 17, 2008,
Im just asking between these 2 particular amps.
Gear:
Marshall AVT50X
See if you can pick up an old Traynor Mark II.

It's a Marshall. Straight up. It's a clone through and through.

You can find them for pretty cheap and they pop up a lot because we make Traynors eh?

That or an old Studiomate or the old Guitarmate.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
[offtopicresponse]

SPLAWN

[/offtopicresponse]

on topic

Traynor.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
YCV50 > JCM2000

That's all I have to say.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
traynor > marshall

based on the sheer fact that it isnt marshall.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Are the TSls that bad?
Gear:
Marshall AVT50X
The Traynor is the more sensible option. I would get the Traynor.
Global warming at my homework, sir.
Quote by H-D
Are the TSls that bad?

its not that, their not bad at all. but theres just a more people going with traynors on this one. vintage ones are incredible and give out amazing tones, and even the new ones can still make amazing sounds. their no where near as marked up as marshalls and might not give you as much gain as a marshall, but the tone will be just as good.
Quote by H-D
Are the TSls that bad?

Quote by jcopello
its not that, their not bad at all. but theres just a more people going with traynors on this one. vintage ones are incredible and give out amazing tones...

I didn't know there was such a thing as a vintage TSL.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by H-D
I was looking at a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 601 used or a new Traynor YCV Custom 50 Blue.

I think the YCV 50 is a better amp than the TSL 601. If you can get the Traynor new for the price of the Marshall used, that would easily be the choice.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Traynor > Marshall

Every single time.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
You guys gotta be kidding? Right?

Quote by diditfortehlulz
Traynor > Marshall

Every single time.
Quote by damnedone
You guys gotta be kidding? Right?

No

Vintage Traynors are easily on par with vintage Marshalls, and modern Traynors kill modern Marshalls (like that's even hard to do).
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
traynor hands down, I have one and I can get any tone out of it. Ive also played with marshals and ive had way too many crap out on me playing live. I remember one time my band band played a battle of bands hosted by long and mcquade and they had one those special expensive signature marshals, plugged my guitar in, did not work at all, they had to run to the store get another one, JCM 2000, didnt work either, Got another JCM 2000 worked but I really didnt like the tone. Sounded muddy. My friend bought a 50 watt krank chadwich?(i think thats what its called) and the traynor > the krank. Seperate eq, cleans sound awesome, more gain than you could ever need and the reverb adds a nice touch to it in the end. Go with the traynor, cheaper and better IMO.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack
how does the traynor compare to the Orange Tiny Terror? Besides the volume difference and clean headroom?
Gear:
Marshall AVT50X
from what i hear, the jcm2000 combos suck...
i have the tsl60 head and i like it, its very versitale for what i play..its little too loose for extreme metal,so im buying i tube screamer, but it sounds really good to my ears
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Quote by Kendall
I didn't know there was such a thing as a vintage TSL.

vintage traynors you idiot.
i was thinking on getting a traynor to. would you guys think that a TRAYNOR YCV80 would be a good idea ?