heres the thing, my new band is soon up'n running we are writin music and covering songs, we hope to be able to gig by around august, BUT i've heard alot of pple telling others they're too young wel heres my question, Is my band too young to play at venues, bars etc...?

im lead guitarist: 15 (16 in august), rythm guitarist: 17, and wea are choosing between 2 drummers who are also like 16/17.

are we old enough to play giggs? how old were u on ur first performance?
I was 16 for my first gig. We weren't allowed to play bars unless it was an all ages show.

That being said, bars aren't allowed to let people in under 21 (depending on the state). So even if you are the band, they won't let you in.

As far as being old enough for gigs...if you guys feel you can play, you are old enough for gigs. Just take is easy, and you guys will do fine. Try to play some parties and the like, because they are always good gigs.

Good luck dude!
Quote by thedefrockednun
heres the thing, my new band is soon up'n running we are writin music and covering songs, we hope to be able to gig by around august, BUT i've heard alot of pple telling others they're too young wel heres my question, Is my band too young to play at venues, bars etc...?

im lead guitarist: 15 (16 in august), rythm guitarist: 17, and wea are choosing between 2 drummers who are also like 16/17.

are we old enough to play giggs? how old were u on ur first performance?
fake id's?
try to find venues that arent bars?
Gear:
Gibson Explorer, Wine red Natural finish
Hughes and Kettner Vortex Black series, Half stack
Peavey Stereo Chorus 400
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
I was 15 when i had my first gig. What you can also try is asking the venue if its kool as long as ur parents are in the club/bar as well.

try that, its what i still do.
I wouldn't advise sampling the bars finest lager before the gig...not the way to show them you're ok.
You can gig at any age, you just have to narrow it down to venues where there's no alcohol served. I have quite an age gap in my band though, my bassist is 19, drummer and guitarist 18, I'm 17, and our keyboardist is 15-16. But we'd done a few bar gigs since we've gotten more known.
Are you more worried about being able to get gigs because of your age or bookers dissmissing you because of your age?
My first show was when I was around 14 for an all ages deal.
I'm 18 now, playing with a band in bars.
We have contracts written up saying that the bar's not responsible for me; that I'm part of the band, all that fun ****.
As for your actual age?
**** it man. The oldest guy in our band is 35.
So yeah, don't let anyone tell ya age matters, because it really doesn't.
It might be harder to get noticed where it's harder to get in bars,
But if you find a nice all-ages venue where you live; hit it up constantly and get people talking.
That's how a lot of local bands have to start out.
Best of luck to ya.
With youth comes some skepticism about ability. That is the truth. If I was booking a club, and a band approached me that was 16, and another band approached me that was 25, I would make the immediate assumption that the older band was more experienced, talented, and professional.

Now... that said.... my next step is listening to a demo. That's where you sell yourself. If your demo kicks ass, and the other band's doesn't, despite my initial expectations/assumptions, I'm forced to recognize the experience/talent/professionalism of the younger band.

Next step is how you present yourself. Do you talk like a teenaged wanna-be rockstar, or do you present yourself as a professional musician? Do you understand my needs as a promoter/booker? Do you see the big picture as far as what each party is bringing to the table and what each party realistically has to offer? Do you behave at my club? That is what identifies your credibility as professional musicians, and gets not only repeat gigs, but word of mouth recommendations.

If you're a 16-year-old douche-bag with a macho-man rock-star ego who behaves like an overindulged pre-teen, you can kick all the rock-and-roll ass you want, but you ain't comin' back to my club, and I'll warn any other club owner who calls me about you too.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
All three members of my band (including myself) are sixteen. We've played four gigs so far, and they were all at places that were "All Ages/19+", meaning that people of all ages were allowed in, but you had to be at least nineteen to buy alcohol.

So no, I don't think you're too young to start playing gigs as long as you all feel ready to play then it is time.
i was 11 & as long as you rock people can't tell the difference. except for that your mic is really down low
you just witnessed the heart-stopping, door-locking, history makin, pants-droppin, earth-shakin, body quakin, lip-quivering, body-tickilin, love-makin fang
I've never performed a gig with a band, only done a few solo acts (acoustic) here and there >_>

But considering the venues I played at were more 'mature' (?) and for people who specifically appreciated soft-acoustic, itwas kind of a no-brainer. I think they liked it more because of my age >_>
Quote by thedefrockednun
Does Age Affect Giggs?????

Well, he's not got the pace he used to have so can't leave full backs for dead the way he used to but his technique his still excellent and he's got a good footballing brain. His footwork is first rate, so he's still got the skill to work the ball in tight situations although arguably he's more effective through the middle than on the wing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well...I'm fourteen and I'm having a gig in a months...
BUt bars...yea...
Depends...some bars like things complicated and they don't let people under 18 in -.-
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!