Hey, uhmmm, Well this is my first post here, and I have NO idea where it should go, so I figured I could put it here. Alright, so basically, I'm looking for a little help, I'm curious as to if there are any good programs for creating distortion on your pc, as a pedal would to an amp (or pc) Basically, the reason I'm asking this, is because I figure if there are some kind of "Pc Pedals" (something you can download/buy) I'd save a bit of money, because good pedals can really start to burn holes in your wallet. Regardless, if anyone can help me out that would be great, and if I wasn't clear enough, just let me know and I'll try to re-state it :P

p.s. I do have the jack that allows me to play on the PC.

Thanks in Advance.
Plug ins.

Shutup idiot.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Depends on how you want to do this.

If you want to do it live, your going to have to make sure your soundcard has full ASIO driver support, otherwise you'll experience latency, regardless of which program you're using.

If it is for "not live"? then I'd recommend AmpliTube.
Guitar Rig 3 is easy to navigate and set up with all the amps, effects and such (said having tried the trial version, so cannot comment on sound)
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Search for GuitarFX Box.... It is kinda hard to find but it's kickass for just playing around... It has all kinds of effects
Wow, lots more feedback than I thought I'd get. Hehe, Thanks a ton guys, I really appreciate it.