Ok, this may fit better in a different forum. If so, mods, please move it. Anyway, I've been recording through my multi-fx pedal (using a USB cable) and the problem is, I don't really like any of the drive effects on there. They're ok, just not quite what I'd like. I have a Marshall practice amp though, and I've found settings for the overdrive on there which I really like, so I just figured I'd ask if there is anywhere I could buy an FX pedal with the same overdrive Marshall use on their amps...?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
not to sound like a douche, but even if they do i'd suggest grabbing an ibanez tube screamer. also, couldn't you just output the practice amp into the effects pedal?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by DiveRightIn63
not to sound like a douche, but even if they do i'd suggest grabbing an ibanez tube screamer. also, couldn't you just output the practice amp into the effects pedal?

I do, but I've been recording through a line-in (it gives a cleaner sound) and the USB goes from the pedal, so it gets the sound before it goes through the amp.

And don't worry, you didn't sound like a douche.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Yes.

The Guv'nor is an all round sound, the Bluesbreaker is more retro, both from marshall.

Edit:
If you are getting an Ibanez, go for a ts-8O8 or an original ts-9
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Last edited by sg255 at Apr 17, 2008,
Yeah, I have a BB2, and a lot of people hate them, but I actually quite like it, it works and sounds great for me.
Thanks, anything else I should look at?
*looks these things up on youtube*

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Thanks, anything else I should look at?
*looks these things up on youtube*

Maybe check out Amplitube or guitar rig, both good for recording and amp simulation, personally I prefer Guitar Rig, mainly because of the layout.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
Quote by sg255
Maybe check out Amplitube or guitar rig, both good for recording and amp simulation, personally I prefer Guitar Rig, mainly because of the layout.

I was thinking about trying Amplitube or VirtuAmp but I wanted a physical pedal so I could create the same sound live.

So far the GV-2 (Guv'nor) is looking quite worth the money.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
I was thinking about trying Amplitube or VirtuAmp but I wanted a physical pedal so I could create the same sound live.

So far the GV-2 (Guv'nor) is looking quite worth the money.

Glad to have helped, but I have to go with ECwomentoneman, the BB2 is much more my style.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
Don't get Amplitube.. it sounds pretty bad, IMO. At least, Amplitube LE does.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by sg255
Glad to have helped, but I have to go with ECwomentoneman, the BB2 is much more my style.

Well the BB2 seems like it's designed solely for blues, whereas the GV2 sounds like it would be versatile enough to play different genres with.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Ok, this may fit better in a different forum. If so, mods, please move it. Anyway, I've been recording through my multi-fx pedal (using a USB cable) and the problem is, I don't really like any of the drive effects on there. They're ok, just not quite what I'd like. I have a Marshall practice amp though, and I've found settings for the overdrive on there which I really like, so I just figured I'd ask if there is anywhere I could buy an FX pedal with the same overdrive Marshall use on their amps...?

I know marshall themselves do a few stomp boxes - the Guv'nor one seems the most appropriate.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
I got the Guv'nor a few days ago, and it sounds amazing! You can go from deep, smooth blues to a Skynyrd/Zeppelin kind of sound, to screeching shred (not really me, so I don't havent tried that style much). You should look into it. ZZounds has a 30 day return policy, so you could order it from there to try it out.
"My job is a decision-making... job. And as a result I make a lot of decisions."
-G.W.B