Page 1 of 2
Theres a Music Channel called Kerrang! And they had this show about the 100 best rock bands ever, the results of the votes people sent in were just insanely wrong.. i mean ive never heard of a band called HIM yet it came 2nd. And apparantly Paramore are better than Greenday, Greenday came 12th Paramor came 7th .IT WAS JUST WRONG OK . still a good TV channel tho
greenday usually come first

but neither of them should have been in the top 50
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
Sooooo old. There's a thread about that every week.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Yeah, but i'm not sure if you have ever heard of this but it's called an opinion.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
you've never heard of HIM?

for shame...
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
Quote by M.O.P
Yeah, but i'm not sure if you have ever heard of this but it's called an opinion.

but surely all sense of opinion would say that elliot minor do not deserve to be in the top 5 ever
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
'Nine out of ten people actually enjoy gang rape.'
Quote by Your_Dad
you've never heard of HIM?

for shame...

Really, how could you miss them?
You like it
Wow that's really surprising. I expected some decent non mainstream music to be in the top 100 as Kerrang is really really good.
Aye carumba!

*Sniff*

Is it... Is it dead?

Yeah. Thread Time of Death 4:43PM
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Quote by axis56
but surely all sense of opinion would say that elliot minor do not deserve to be in the top 5 ever

The top 100 is what people voted for, if they believe that Elliot Minor should be number 1 that's their opinion.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Wow that's really surprising. I expected some decent non mainstream music to be in the top 100 as Kerrang is really really good.

and the greatest use of sarcasm award goes to

*drumz rollz plz!1!1!*

WIGGYISGREAT
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Quote by M.O.P
The top 100 is what people voted for, if they believe that Elliot Minor should be number 1 that's their opinion.

so obviously the publice need educating, or kerrang should actually tell the entire world to vote to get some validity
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Uh...great.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by axis56
so obviously the publice need educating, or kerrang should actually tell the entire world to vote to get some validity

They are voting for what they like.
I'm not sure what you like, but say you like Pink Floyd and Pink Floyd made it to number 1. People will be going Pink Floyd don't deserve to be number 1 Metallica do.
It's just personal taste.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by axis56

Oh shut up you ****ing idiot

What makes your opinion more valid than others?

Please kindly piss off
Quote by GiantRaven

Please kindly piss off

+1

I would make some statement but I can't quite be arsed.
i believe it was called 100 best rock bands "EVER"
what the hell is with all this emo crap and teen rock dirt doing up so high.
i have a petty hate for ac/dc but they should be top 5.
along with the likes of led zeppelin and iron maiden.
those are the real classics that inspired
Quote by GiantRaven

Please kindly piss off

Haha, +2!
Well what do you expect from a channel that claims to be hard rock and metal yet favours Nickelback and MCR over Slayer and Black Sabbath? I just listen to my albums.
Quote by liam1107

You see there are these things called opinions and people tend to have different ones...
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Every time I flick over to Kerrang!, there's some crappy band on with their latest crappy song. Its called pop music, people vote for what they like at the time. You think anyone who voted for Elliot Minor has ever picked up an AC/DC, Iron Maiden or Metallica record? I think not.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by liam1107

OPINION. OPINION. OPINION. OPINION.

All these lists are are popular opinion polls

The most popular current bands are bound to get the most votes

Especially considering Kerrangs target audience

Quote by Ichimaru
Every time I flick over to Kerrang!, there's some crappy band on with their latest crappy song. Its called pop music, people vote for what they like at the time. You think anyone who voted for Elliot Minor has ever picked up an AC/DC, Iron Maiden or Metallica record? I think not.

I don't own any Maiden or AC/DC albums, does that mean my opinion is invalid?
This looks like it could get either stupid or funny. Either way I'm subscribing.
Quote by greenhound
Theres a Music Channel called Kerrang! And they had this show about the 100 best rock bands ever, the results of the votes people sent in were just insanely wrong.. i mean ive never heard of a band called HIM yet it came 2nd. And apparantly Paramore are better than Greenday, Greenday came 12th Paramor came 7th .IT WAS JUST WRONG OK . still a good TV channel tho

becuase no ones ever heard of kerrang! its a magzine idiot and then a radio station folowed by a channel.
You're right. It's just wrong. How DARE Kerrang dishonor Paramore like that. They should be #3. I'm calling the wahmbulence!
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
The worst thing was that Th Rasmus beat Led Zeppelin.
There is no way it should be called '100 Best Rock Bands Ever' but rather it should be called '100 Most Popular Rock bands At The Moment.'
Is the list anywhere online? I wanna see it...

Quote by oh... THAT guy

Once again I would like to say to consider the average Kerrang reader

Chances are they're a 15 year old scene kid who doesn't listen to Led Zeppelin
Quote by GiantRaven
I don't own any Maiden or AC/DC albums, does that mean my opinion is invalid?

Yes, because that was what my post said.
/sarcasm

Actually, come to think of it, it kind of does in way :P.
Unless you've listened to every song from every rock band, you're in no position whatsoever to make a valid statement about who is better than anyone else, be it opinion or not.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Actually, come to think of it, it kind of does in way :P.
Unless you've listened to every song from every rock band, you're in no position whatsoever to make a valid statement about who is better than anyone else, be it opinion or not.

True but it doesn't happen so oh well

Quote by oh... THAT guy

NIN were 4th?

This list is awesome!
dude! how have you never heard of H.I.M.!!!!! there soo amazing one of my favorite bands besides the crue
Crue Forever!!

Quote by Eric 666
Your ass itches soooo much after you shave em...my God, I've TRIED, and its like...impossible to take them off completely.
These top whatever lists are made by a person, or a group of people that think they have the right to rate music on a scale. To even subject bands to being rated is an outrage.
hue
Quote by oh... THAT guy
There is no way it should be called '100 Best Rock Bands Ever' but rather it should be called '100 Most Popular Rock bands At The Moment.'

yea i agree that the title should be changed and i also respect peoples opinions but i think its very closed minded that people are ignoring the 'TRUE' best bands ever...
the bands that sold millions of records and have been doing shows for soo many years.
but bands that have been out for two years get the top spots
Quote by liam1107
yea i agree that the title should be changed and i also respect peoples opinions but i think its very closed minded that people are ignoring the 'TRUE' best bands ever...
the bands that sold millions of records and have been doing shows for soo many years.
but bands that have been out for two years get the top spots

Cliff Richard has been going since the 50s and sold loads of records, CLIFF RULES!
Page 1 of 2