hey i was wondering if its possible to learn how to become a good singer. None of the people in my town that think they can sing would be any good in a jam band. I would like to know the process too if there is one.

thanks
Quote by PinguinLeader
aint this spam?

Edit:and where is that report button, everytime i wanna use it it is gone

2th edit: and dont even think of sigging that
Yes, you can learn to sing quite easily really. Everyone has a voice, and everyone's voice is different. So that means all you have to do is get the technique down right to enable your voice to be the good singing voice that it already is. The key is to not try to sound like some other singer.

EDIT: unless you're mute, then obviously you are confined to non-voice musical activities.
We're only strays.
Unless you're tone deaf. To my knowledge It's possible to learn how to sing.

The process? Make sure you have the basics down. Avoid bad habits, such as 'whisper' singing, which is what everyone falls into the habit of doing, because it sounds good to them. Sing from your diaphram. Practice alot, record yourself, listen, correct pitch etc.
I'm not very helpful but I tried.
Last edited by Hastee at Apr 17, 2008,
I'd look into some breathing exercises. It sounds silly but it's very important to get your breathing right before attempting to sing - there's a lot to cover so I won't explain it here but it's very important.

Also, make sure you know where you are singing from, there are many different 'places' to sing from... such as chest voice, head voice and falsetto - and mixed voices between them too.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Yes, you can learn to sing quite easily really. Everyone has a voice, and everyone's voice is different. So that means all you have to do is get the technique down right to enable your voice to be the good singing voice that it already is. The key is to not try to sound like some other singer.

EDIT: unless you're mute, then obviously you are confined to non-voice musical activities.

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Everyone can sing. Some people are good. Some people are bad.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Yes you can.

Just search around on google for methods of learning to sing. Or, if you're really desperate, get voice lessons.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
right

thanks , im going to think about going to voice lessons and try get it down!
Quote by PinguinLeader
aint this spam?

Edit:and where is that report button, everytime i wanna use it it is gone

2th edit: and dont even think of sigging that
The lessons on this website are great, then its just a case of practice makes perfect.
Gibson Les Paul Std double cut-away
Taylor K-14CE Koa back and front
Epiphone LP standard
Line 6 Flextone 150w
Kam 800w 15inch PA
Yamaha FG720S
Line 6 UXII tone port
Microkorg
Quote by break-me-in
Yes you can.

Just search around on google for methods of learning to sing. Or, if you're really desperate, get voice lessons.

Voice lessons are legit.
Yes of course you can.
It's like any instrument.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington