Page 1 of 2
a few questions

is it worth it?, it seems quite expensive.

is it easy to use?

and is it free and legal to download any where?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Well done for including the word expensive with legal download there.

*cough*bittorrent*cough*
you can get a free trial here.
Try it out.

And there is no legal way to download it unless you want to pay for it. However, illegally there is always torrents.
My Gear
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez RG550
Fender Tele Deluxe
Mesa/Boogie Lonestar
Keeley Compressor
Keeley TS808
1) Absolutely.
2) I think it was very easy to learn.
3) There's a free trial in the above link. Sometimes I find cheap photoshop copies for students here and there, but I don't know if you get student discounts on stuff like that where you're from.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
wooooooooooow.

First off, CS3 is the graphics program used by professionals...so I'd say it's far better than paint. o.o

second, no. You can actually get a 30 day trial straight from Adobe. That's the full program, as well.

If you want it for more than 30 days, your options then become

1. pay $700
"On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion..." -- Waking Life
Last edited by FrenchyFungus at Apr 17, 2008,
there is no legal way to get it. there are however trails you can get from the Adobe photoshop site. someone mentioned GIMP. that is a good free alternate but not as good as photoshop (it lacks a few features).

edit: the person above me types the truth. +1 to the person above
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by rancidryan
a few questions

is it worth it?, it seems quite expensive.

is it easy to use?

and is it free and legal to download any where?

Its 100% legal if no one knows you stole it
gimp doesn't have any trojans or anything does it?>
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Well, all the cracks contain a trojan. AVG destroyed it upon download for me, though.
"On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion..." -- Waking Life
thanks ill get gimp
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Jokaaa
It depends on how you'd use it... It really isn't difficult to make something like this:

The original looked similar to this one:
http://www.tuningnews.net/news/070109/mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-x-prototype.jpg

It also isn't very difficult to make the look of words more interesting.
Just make some tutorials (lots on the web) and get used to the tools of ps...

cheers!

ignore this guy, he's a photoshop n00b. you can do SOOO much more with photoshop. so, so much more.

but he's right about tutorials if you want to know where to start.

and there's a rumour that there are only 3 legal copies of photoshop in the world. the rest are pirated
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
i got a student edition for £100 something pounds its the latest one aswell

i need it for my work coz im an art student

BUT if you do get it through the company i did you have to proove youre a student

PERSONALLY i hardly EVER use photoshop, i prefer to do everything by hand, but i understand that theres ssomethings where thats no possible
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
eh, I suck at doing things by hand.

I used to use Paint Shop Pro, and jesus. The difference between PSP and PS are insane.

It's a good difference, though. And Gimp is crap. Don't download gimp. xD That's a waste of your harddrive space.

CS3 was like made for the Gods. xD I'm such an adobe fanboy.
to the two people above me, photoshop and traditional aren't even meant to accomplish the same thing...?

photoshop isn't made just to paint in (although you can) and traditional art isn't generally used to edit photos. if you want to get photoshop as an alternative to traditional art, then don't. it's not meant for that. you can combine the two to good effect, but it's not meant to replace a pencil and paper.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
<//////>~ dA
i know...i never use photoshop. i hate using it but on my art course they always want us to scan **** in and sort it and things....i think it defeats the whole point of doing illustration (as i am)
^ Unless you've got 100% perfect scanners you'll always need some postprocessing after you've scanned something.
Quote by esther_mouse
to the two people above me, photoshop and traditional aren't even meant to accomplish the same thing...?

photoshop isn't made just to paint in (although you can) and traditional art isn't generally used to edit photos. if you want to get photoshop as an alternative to traditional art, then don't. it's not meant for that. you can combine the two to good effect, but it's not meant to replace a pencil and paper.

False false false.

Graphic Design in and of itself is an art. You do not need anything material to make something beautiful with it. Not even a photograph. You can make something artistic and perfect completely without material items.

See:

Fractals
Vector Art
Typography

And thousands of others. >>

edit:

also, if all you're doing is editing photos, then you don't need something as powerful as CS3. xD
Quote by xxseventyX7
also, if all you're doing is editing photos, then you don't need something as powerful as CS3. xD

Be... cause...?
Quote by esther_mouse
ignore this guy, he's a photoshop n00b. you can do SOOO much more with photoshop. so, so much more.

but he's right about tutorials if you want to know where to start.

and there's a rumour that there are only 3 legal copies of photoshop in the world. the rest are pirated

really? i thought there were no legal copies?

the only legal copie is kept byapple in a locked vault.

and i agreewith the noob comment. thats just the cut out filter. you do that in the first week before you learn todraw yourself.
Woo, I have the CS3 premium package or whatever it's called and I got it absolutely legally free!!
United as One, Divided by Zero
Unless you need it for your business or whatever, it isn't worth shelling out the money to pay for it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Kensai
Be... cause...?

probably becuase youll hardly ever touch most of the functions to just edit photos
Quote by XCount Me InX
probably becuase youll hardly ever touch most of the functions to just edit photos

What am I supposed to use for photoediting then?

And you could say the same thing for anything you'll do in photoshop.

Quote by Sylosis
Woo, I have the CS3 premium package or whatever it's called and I got it absolutely legally free!!

My mom got the same thing by her school, but she won't let me install it on my computer
Because it's just really unnecessary?

Photoshop will feel big and complicated to someone who's never touched a graphics program before. :p

---

use Gimp or something similar, honestly. If all you're doing is photoediting.

>> and I use all the features of photoshop. xD
Quote by Kensai
What am I supposed to use for photoediting then?

And you could say the same thing for anything you'll do in photoshop.

My mom got the same thing by her school, but she won't let me install it on my computer

oh i wasnt getting at you.

i was just saying that..if you downloaded it, it would probably be a waste of space.....beacuse they have now developed it for far more than photo editing and it has SO many functions on it now, that you would probably only use a few
Quote by xxseventyX7
False false false.

Graphic Design in and of itself is an art. You do not need anything material to make something beautiful with it. Not even a photograph. You can make something artistic and perfect completely without material items.

See:

Fractals
Vector Art
Typography

And thousands of others. >>

edit:

yes, i am aware of this, but the girl above you seemed to think that photoshop can only be used to reproduce paintings and drawings. and it's not the ideal programme for that

nor is it the best for vector art - illustrator is

as for fractals, who the hell uses photoshop to create fractals?

i wasn't talking about graphic design.

i was saying that photoshop isn't meant to be just an alternative to doing it by hand. it has many other features, and traditional art offers things photoshop can't, as well. they're not meant to replace each other, more compliment each other.
<//////>~ dA
yeah and it's a huge program, lol.
Quote by xxseventyX7
yeah and it's a huge program, lol.

CS3 needs a fair amount of RAM, as well. i have 2 gigs and it's about enough, but more wouldn't hurt.
<//////>~ dA
Quote by XCount Me InX
oh i wasnt getting at you.

i was just saying that..if you downloaded it, it would probably be a waste of space.....beacuse they have now developed it for far more than photo editing and it has SO many functions on it now, that you would probably only use a few

Why would I switch to a less efficient program because they've developed new features for photoshop that aren't photorelated?

Quote by xxseventyX7
Because it's just really unnecessary?

Photoshop will feel big and complicated to someone who's never touched a graphics program before. :p

---

use Gimp or something similar, honestly. If all you're doing is photoediting.

>> and I use all the features of photoshop. xD

Like I mentioned above under the last quote I don't see the need for that. And if you've tried gimp you'll see it's absolutely not the same, both in features and speed. Photoshop is more effecient and has more and better features.

When I first tried photoshop I didn't think it was big nor complicated, and even if I did I wouldn't be detered by it.

So telling me to get gimp if all I'm doing is photoediting is like telling you to get a basic pencil if all you're doing is drawing.
Quote by esther_mouse
CS3 needs a fair amount of RAM, as well. i have 2 gigs and it's about enough, but more wouldn't hurt.

in all fairness, newer isnt always better. if your running on windows, seriously consider photoshop 7. it works like a dream, and takes little (in comparison) ram.
Quote by slann101
in all fairness, newer isnt always better. if your running on windows, seriously consider photoshop 7. it works like a dream, and takes little (in comparison) ram.

Getting photoshop 7 instead of CS3 would be a huge downgrade in features, and honestly you don't need that much RAM; I used photoshop CS3 on my 1.7 Ghz with 400 mhz 512 MB ram and it worked.
Quote by Kensai
Getting photoshop 7 instead of CS3 would be a huge downgrade in features, and honestly you don't need that much RAM; I used photoshop CS3 on my 1.7 Ghz with 400 mhz 512 MB ram and it worked.

im not saying that cs 3 aint good, because it is.but i just dont think its a bad program. and it would bemore then suitable for the ts.
Quote by Kensai

it runs much, much better with more RAM though.
<//////>~ dA
Quote by slann101
im not saying that cs 3 aint good, because it is.but i just dont think its a bad program. and it would bemore then suitable for the ts.

Photoshop 7 would be more suitable you mean? How do you figure that? He hasnt' posted any system specs or anything.

Quote by esther_mouse
it runs much, much better with more RAM though.

Really?

The other day I heard there's chinese people in china too
Page 1 of 2